Trustworthy Wichita Falls, TX Exterminator: Specialized Termite Control
If you just wandered around your house and found hollow wood or layers of paint sticking out or even numerous holes on your walls and ceilings, this hints an infestation—a termite inspection in your Wichita Falls, TX home is recommended to properly assess the situation. Helpful details and tips are discussed below on what signs to look out for bug infestation. Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood termites.
3 Main Types
Before anything else, you will want to know that wood-eating bugs are generally of three kinds:
● Dry Wood
Among the three major types, the subterranean is the most common species of these wood-eating bugs in Wichita Falls, TX. The reason for so much damage in Wichita Falls, TX is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose. Bugs of this kind feed on cellulose, and the fact that cellulose can be found in wood and wood products can explain why subterranean bugs cause at least 95% of damages to homes and office structures year in and year out. The subterranean is the most frequently reported kind of these termite for extermination.
Tell-tale Signs of Infestation
Some of the symptoms of a termite infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs.
The following are some of the signs you can easily observe from an infested house in Wichita Falls, TX:
● Small mud-like tunnels on wooden window frames and walls
● Small insects with wings flying and swarming around the nearest light source
● Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
● Swelling of ceilings and walls
● Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
● Smell of molds and murky water
If you see any or all of these signs, you need termite control in Wichita Falls, TX. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termite but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices in Wichita Falls, TX
Poor construction habits and practices of home builders and renovators are the leading cause of termite problems in houses in Wichita Falls, TX.
A few simple mistakes during the construction of your home, can have a big impact on how easily these termite can access your Wichita Falls, TX home.
Some of the constructions faults that cause termite infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
● Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of termites. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
● Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and pests entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
● Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are back-filled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these pests infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these pests.
● Home Landscaping: The practice of landscaping in Wichita Falls, TX is not a direct construction matter but in areas where the intent is within the effective vicinity of the house structure, it should be monitored. Improper grading of landscaping fields may lead to water build-up and retention within gravel and sand against the foundation of the home. Uncontrolled moisture held against the structure of the house can become nesting sites of unwelcomed guests such as termites.
To summarize, in order to ensure your house in Wichita Falls, TX is defended against wood pest deterioration, wood should be terminated properly so that it does not come into contact with soil, drainage installation should be sound, and wooden structures should be moisture-free all the time.
There are companies that perform termite inspection and although you may want to do it yourself.
These professionals are able to do a thorough real estate termite inspection of in pest-prone areas of the house such as narrow crawl spaces, basements, and attics.
Spaces inside and areas outside the house should be given thorough visits by your chosen inspection company so that every breeding ground is identified and marked.
Additionally, these other points may be inspected:
● All wooden spaces and areas of the house such as the basement, sills, frames, posts, joist, and piers.
● Openings in concrete masonry units, expansion contact points, brick structures and cemented areas.
● Old and moist wood around the house in the form of wood stumps, fences, disposed wood and window frames.
● Areas of the house where stone and bricks meet wooden structures
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects.
Termite inspection does seem like hard work and is best left to the professionals in Wichita Falls, TX.
Effective Termite Control in Wichita Falls, TX
Solution Pest Control in Wichita Falls, TX is your best bet in finding a competent and dedicated termite control company that should be able to guide you in properly inspecting your area in Wichita Falls, TX and performing effective treatment to your home. The rate for chemical treatments in Wichita Falls, TX is not the same as the rate for baiting practices, and the success rate also varies. When it comes to controlling these pests, only trust a company like Solution Pest Control, so you can rest assured by the thought that these annoying wood eaters will not bother you anymore. Get in touch with us today! Solutions range from various chemical methods and applications in specific parts of the house and to manual extermination practices.h
Solution Pest Control
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Allen, Dallas, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Arlington, Garland, Richardson, Grapevine, Carrollton, Rowlett, Plano, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, McKinney, Tyler, Longview, Wichita Falls, Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Amarillo, San Angelo, Waco
76308, 76301, 76306, 76310, 76309, 76302, 76311, 76367, 76305, 76307
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review