Reliable Victoria, TX Exterminator: Professional Termite Control
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in Victoria, TX. Read through the following to find out more about the signs of these pesky bugs, and how you can find the best company for help in Victoria, TX. Find out more about infestation, and how you can communicate with a reliable company who can help you with the problem.
3 Main Types
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termites are identified in Victoria, TX:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean kind is the most common of the three, and one that you will often found in Victoria, TX. Because of their prevalence, the pest inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners. Bugs of this kind feed on cellulose, and the fact that cellulose can be found in wood and wood products can explain why subterranean bugs cause at least 95% of damages to homes and office structures year in and year out.
Major Symptoms in Victoria, TX
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in Victoria, TX is infested with termites.
Don’t allow these termites to take control of your home; rather, be mindful of the following signals that warrant termite control right away:
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Hollow sounding wood
- Slight moldy or musty smell
If you see any or all of these signs, you need termite control in Victoria, TX.
Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted pests but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in Victoria, TX is troubling construction practices. Below standard construction practices and methods undermine the ability of the house to properly safeguard itself against dilapidation and infiltration of not just wood bugs but other kinds of problems as well.
Be smart to know about some issues that these pests find all too welcoming for comfort:
- Drainage Issues: Drainage issues, such as insufficiently extended eaves or downspouts that are too short to accommodate the water from the foundation of your home, are problems that can lead to infestation. When the moisture created, infestation begins. Moisture is where these bugs love to thrive on. If there are faults in the grading of your landscape, the drainage can be insufficient, thus, increasing the possibility of infestation.
- Contact between Earth and Wood: Wooden structural elements should have the proper treatment and covers when it must meet earth or soil foundations, otherwise neglect will lead to a freeway of termites from outside to your house and an infestation develops.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are backfilled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these pests infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these pests.
- Unguided Landscaping: Attention should be given to the landscaping effort around the house. The wrong grading of landscaping that involves gravel lets moisture accumulate and set around the house, as well as its base. Moist wood is clearly an attractive site for termite dwelling.
As you can see, when it comes to protecting your Victoria, TX home against wood damage, you must mitigate the soil to wood contact as well as ensure proper drainage to keep the soil by your foundation as dry as possible. One is to prevent wood to get in contact with the soil as much as possible and two, have a good drainage system so the soil is left dry.
Hiring the most competent company in that specializes in termite inspection in Victoria, TX is the best course of action in dealing with pest infestations. These professionals are able to do a thorough real estate termite inspection of in pest-prone areas of the house such as narrow crawl spaces, basements, and attics.
Spaces inside and areas outside the house should be given thorough visits by your chosen inspection company so that every breeding ground is identified and marked.
We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- Spaces where wood structures are attached to
Termite pros will look for discarded wings or swarms of termites which indicate their presence in a particular area. Home inspection termite problems may happen if you plan on doing this by yourself, so it is still best to hire professional help in looking for symptoms of pest infestation.
Termite Control in Victoria, TX
The cost will depend on the type of treatment used. Solution Pest Control will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your pest problems in Victoria, TX. Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home.
Solution Pest Control
Victoria, TX 77901
77901, 77904, 77905, 77968, 77902, 77903, 78415, 78413, 78412, 78414, 78418, 78411, 78410, 78404, 78405, 78416, 78408, 78401, 78417, 78407, 78409, 78406, 78402, 78419, 78362, 78370, 78373, 78374, 78380, 78470, 78471, 78473, 78474, 78475, 78476, 78477, 78478, 78461, 78403, 78426, 78427, 78460, 78463, 78465, 78466, 78467, 78468, 78469, 78472, 78480, 78228, 78207, 78250, 78247, 78249, 78251, 78240, 78227, 78223, 78201, 78216, 78230, 78210, 78237, 78213, 78258, 78221, 78211, 78217, 78218, 78242, 78232, 78233, 78229, 78209, 78245, 78212, 78214, 78254, 78259, 78222, 78224, 78238, 78220, 78225, 78248, 78202, 78023, 78204, 78244, 78203, 78219, 78226, 78231, 78234, 78256, 78239, 78260, 78109, 78208, 78255, 78257, 78205, 78215, 78252, 78266, 78056, 78073, 78112, 78154, 78206, 78235, 78236, 78241, 78243, 78253, 78261, 78262,78263, 78264, 78284, 78285, 78275, 78286, 78287, 78288, 78289, 78246, 78265, 78268, 78269, 78270, 78278, 78279, 78280, 78283, 78291, 78292, 78293, 78294, 78295, 78296, 78297, 78298, 78299, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review