Dependable Termite Control in Temple, TX: Professional Exterminator Services
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in Temple, TX. It can be difficult to handle active infestation so you will need the help of professionals. Read on to learn more about the signs of infestation and how you can contact the right company in Temple, TX.
3 Main Types
These house termites are generally grouped into three major types, which are:
- Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in Temple, TX is the subterranean breed. Not surprising, most requests for termite control involve the subterranean bug. Wood is the main food of these annoying bugs because the material contains cellulose, which is the component they use for survival and reproduction. 95% of walls, ceiling and other wood structures in the home are destroyed, thanks to the propagation of this species.
Telltale Signs in Temple, TX
Some of the symptoms of a termite infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs. You may find it unimaginable that creatures can silently creep into your home in Temple, TX without you knowing it, causing irreversible damage.
Don’t allow these pests to take control of your home; rather, be mindful of the following signals that warrant termite control right away:
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Traces of muddy or pungent odor
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Smell of molds and murky water
- Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
- Hollow areas of walls made from wood
Having one or more of the signs above confirm a wood pest infestation in your home in Temple, TX. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted pests but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices Temple, TX
Erroneous construction practices in Temple, TX are often the culprit why there are infestation problems. Below standard construction practices and methods undermine the ability of the house to properly safeguard itself against dilapidation and infiltration of not just wood bugs but other kinds of problems as well.
Some of the biggest facets of problematic construction that can lead to an infestation include the following:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in Temple, TX when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood pests to thrive in.
- Contact between Earth and Wood: Wooden structural elements should have the proper treatment and covers when it must meet earth or soil foundations, otherwise neglect will lead to a freeway of termites from outside to your house and an infestation develops.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are backfilled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these pests infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these pests.
- Home Landscaping: The practice of landscaping in Temple, TX is not a direct construction matter but in areas where the intent is within the effective vicinity of the house structure, it should be monitored. Improper grading of landscaping fields may lead to water build-up and retention within gravel and sand against the foundation of the home. Uncontrolled moisture held against the structure of the house can become nesting sites of unwelcomed guests such as termites.
If you cannot avoid construction works or landscaping jobs in Temple, TX, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the possibility infestation.
Inspecting your House for Signs
There are companies that perform termite inspection and although you may want to do it yourself. Your hired help should be able to properly inspect your house in Temple, TX by visiting hard-to-enter places such as dirty and narrow crawl spaces, cavities in house foundations and other dark and moist areas for a detailed assessment of your infestation problem.
Our experts in Temple, TX keenly inspect the surfaces of the foundation, inside and out. Every nook and cranny of your home in Temple, TX is scoured and visited in order to perform a detailed assessment of the structure of the house.
Critical areas to be visited are:
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- Spaces where wood structures are attached to
- Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
Solution Pest Control will look for discarded wings or swarms which indicate their presence in a particular area. Home inspection problems may happen if you plan on doing this by yourself, so it is still best to hire professional help in looking for symptoms of pest infestation. This kind of job is best left in the care of professionals.
Termite Control in Temple, TX
Contact us today to book an appointment in Temple, TX. The rate for chemical treatments in Temple, TX is not the same as the rate for baiting practices, and the success rate also varies. It is always wise to talk to a credible professional pest control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home.
Temple , TX 76502
Temple, Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown, College Station, Bryan, San Marcos, Killeen, Waco, New Braunfels
76502, 76504, 76501, 76513, 76557, 76579, 76508, 76503, 76505, 78745, 78753, 78741, 78758, 78704, 78744, 78759, 78748, 78749, 78705, 78723, 78727, 78750, 78731, 78702, 78757, 78703, 78752, 78717, 78724, 78739, 78751, 78735, 78746, 78721, 78726, 78747, 78754, 78617, 78729, 78730, 78701, 78756, 78722, 78736, 78653, 78660, 78732, 78652, 78712, 78725, 78733, 78742, 78610, 78613, 78641, 78664, 78681, 78710, 78719, 78728, 78734, 78737, 78738, 78798, 78799, 73301, 73344, 78772, 78773, 78774, 78778, 78779, 78780, 78781, 78783, 78785, 78786, 78788, 78789, 78708, 78709, 78711, 78713, 78714, 78715, 78716, 78718, 78720, 78755, 78760, 78761, 78762, 78763, 78764, 78765, 78766, 78767, 78768, 78769, 78660, 78664, 78634, 78653, 78691, 78664, 78681, 78665, 78728, 78626, 78628, 78634, 78660, 78717, 78682, 78680, 78683, 78613, 78641, 78726, 78681, 78717, 78750, 78630, 78626, 78628, 78633, 78665, 78627, 77840, 77845, 77801, 77802, 77807, 77843, 77841, 77842, 77844, 77803, 77802, 77801, 77807, 77808, 77840, 77845, 77805, 77806, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 76549, 76542, 76543, 76541, 76544, 76548, 76571, 76545, 76546, 76540, 76547, 76706, 76708, 76710, 76707, 76712, 76704, 76711, 76705, 76657, 76701, 76798, 76633, 76655, 76638, 76640, 76643, 76795, 76797, 76799, 76702, 76703, 76714, 76715, 76716, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review