Your Termite Control Guide from the Best San Marcos Exterminator in San Marcos, TX
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your San Marcos, TX home or business. Read on to learn more about the signs of termite infestation and how you can contact the right company in San Marcos, TX. Seeing signs such as small holes on the wood, buckling paint, and mud tunnels means that you need to get your home or your business inspected. These signs can mean damage has already begun, in which case, the need for a termite inspection is imminent.
Types of Wood Termites in San Marcos, TX
These house termites are generally grouped into three major types, which are:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in San Marcos, TX. Bugs of this kind feed on cellulose, and the fact that cellulose can be found in wood and wood products can explain why subterranean bugs cause at least 95% of damages to homes and office structures year in and year out. The subterranean is the most frequently reported kind of these termites for extermination.
Tell-tale Signs of Infestation
Some of the symptoms of a termite infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs.
Don’t allow these termites to take control of your home; rather, be mindful of the following signals that warrant termite control right away:
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Smell of molds and murky water
- Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
- Small mud-like tunnels on wooden window frames and walls
- Small insects with wings flying and swarming around the nearest light source
- Swelling of ceilings and walls
Any signs of infestation is best dealt with immediately. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood pest infestation.
This is one of the major causes of pest infestation in homes in San Marcos, TX. Even minor glitches in the manner of construction can provide the gateway for the wood eaters to creep in your home without anyone noticing it.
Be smart to know about some issues that these termites find all too welcoming for comfort:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in San Marcos, TX when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood termites to thrive in.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in San Marcos, TX that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for pests to get in. In which case, termite control may be a necessity in the near future.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are backfilled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these pests infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these termites.
- Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in San Marcos, TX, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these pests absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
To summarize, in order to ensure your house in San Marcos, TX is defended against wood pest deterioration, wood should be terminated properly so that it does not come into contact with soil, drainage installation should be sound, and wooden structures should be moisture-free all the time.
Make sure you have a good drainage system that actually works.
Hiring the most competent company in that specializes in termite inspection in San Marcos, TX is the best course of action in dealing with pest infestations. Your hired help should be able to properly inspect your house in San Marcos, TX by visiting hard-to-enter places such as dirty and narrow crawl spaces, cavities in house foundations and other dark and moist areas for a detailed assessment of your infestation problem.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these pests have invaded your area.
Other areas inspectors and homeowners should look out for are the following:
- Wooden structures and foundations which include frames, posts, joists and sills.
- Structures made from concrete masonry units, cement, and bricks
- Areas where concrete materials contact wood
- Storage of wood pieces, tree parts and broken wood structures
Our experts in San Marcos, TX should also inspect on signs of swarm breeding or shed insect wings. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Termite Control in San Marcos, TX
Solution Pest Control will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your pest problems in San Marcos, TX. The rate for chemical treatments in San Marcos, TX is not the same as the rate for baiting practices, and the success rate also varies. Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home. Available control and treatment methods have their own distinct effectiveness and extent of coverage which are proportional to their prices.
Solution Pest Control
San Marcos, TX 78666
78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131, 78228, 78207, 78250, 78247, 78249, 78251, 78240, 78227, 78223, 78201, 78216, 78230, 78210, 78237, 78213, 78258, 78221, 78211, 78217, 78218, 78242, 78232, 78233, 78229, 78209, 78245, 78212, 78214, 78254, 78259, 78222, 78224, 78238, 78220, 78225, 78248, 78202, 78023, 78204, 78244, 78203, 78219, 78226, 78231, 78234, 78256, 78239, 78260, 78109, 78208, 78255, 78257, 78205, 78215, 78252, 78266, 78056, 78073, 78112, 78154, 78206, 78235, 78236, 78241, 78243, 78253, 78261, 78262,78263, 78264, 78284, 78285, 78275, 78286, 78287, 78288, 78289, 78246, 78265, 78268, 78269, 78270, 78278, 78279, 78280, 78283, 78291, 78292, 78293, 78294, 78295, 78296, 78297, 78298, 78299, 78415, 78413, 78412, 78414, 78418, 78411, 78410, 78404, 78405, 78416, 78408, 78401, 78417, 78407, 78409, 78406, 78402, 78419, 78362, 78370, 78373, 78374, 78380, 78470, 78471, 78473, 78474, 78475, 78476, 78477, 78478, 78461, 78403, 78426, 78427, 78460, 78463, 78465, 78466, 78467, 78468, 78469, 78472, 78480, 77901, 77904, 77905, 77968, 77902, 77903
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review