Dependable Termite Control in San Antonio, TX: Professional Exterminator Services
Small holes in the wood? Buckling paint? Mud tunnels? Just a few of the signs that you might have a need for a inspection in your San Antonio, TX home or business. Read on to learn more about the signs of termite infestation and how you can contact the right company in San Antonio, TX. It is important to hire the best termite control company in San Antonio, TX to ensure the best results.
3 Main Types
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termites are identified in San Antonio, TX:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in San Antonio, TX. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the San Antonio, TX area, and the one most requested for termite control. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year.
Infestation Symptoms in San Antonio, TX
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in San Antonio, TX is infested.
The telltale signs that normally accompany these bad boys in San Antonio, TX homes are:
- Hollow sounding wood
- Moldy or musty smell
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Water damage-like appearance
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
It is important to eliminate any signs of infestation once you see them. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood pest infestation.
Problematic Construction Practices
Annoying infestation problems in San Antonio, TX are often the result of faults in construction. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these termites to eat their way inside your home.
Some of the biggest facets of problematic construction that can lead to an infestation include the following:
- Drainage Issues: Drainage issues, such as insufficiently extended eaves or downspouts that are too short to accommodate the water from the foundation of your home, are problems that can lead to infestation. When the moisture created, infestation begins. Moisture is where these bugs love to thrive on. If there are faults in the grading of your landscape, the drainage can be insufficient, thus, increasing the possibility of infestation.
- Contact between Earth and Wood: Wooden structural elements should have the proper treatment and covers when it must meet earth or soil foundations, otherwise neglect will lead to a freeway of termites from outside to your house and an infestation develops.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are backfilled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these termites infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these pests.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in San Antonio, TX. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in San Antonio, TX is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these pests, as we know, just love moisture.
Keeping moisture away from the foundation and structure of the house, as well as prevention of untreated contact points of soil and wooden parts of the house should be observed to prevent the settlement of infestation in your house.
A competent infestation treatment company in San Antonio, TX is a team that is able to properly identify the problems discussed earlier.
When you have a termite inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
Our experts in San Antonio, TX keenly inspect the surfaces of the foundation, inside and out. As the inspection is conducted interior and exterior surfaces of the foundation are examined and any wood in the basement or crawlspace are examined.
Critical areas to be visited are:
- Old and moist wood around the house in the form of wood stumps, fences, disposed wood and window frames.
- Areas of the house where stone and bricks meet wooden structures
- All wooden spaces and areas of the house such as the basement, sills, frames, posts, joist, and piers.
- Openings in concrete masonry units, expansion contact points, brick structures and cemented areas.
Discarded wings or swarms indicate the presence of infestation, and our team of busters will be looking for these, as well. Termite inspection does seem like hard work and is best left to the professionals in San Antonio, TX. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Termite Control in San Antonio, TX
Depending on your situation, treatment can range from chemical treatments to baiting practices. Solutions range from various chemical methods and applications in specific parts of the house and to manual extermination practices. Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home. It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home.
Solution Pest Control
401 Isom Rd Ste 236
San Antonio, TX 78216
78228, 78207, 78250, 78247, 78249, 78251, 78240, 78227, 78223, 78201, 78216, 78230, 78210, 78237, 78213, 78258, 78221, 78211, 78217, 78218, 78242, 78232, 78233, 78229, 78209, 78245, 78212, 78214, 78254, 78259, 78222, 78224, 78238, 78220, 78225, 78248, 78202, 78023, 78204, 78244, 78203, 78219, 78226, 78231, 78234, 78256, 78239, 78260, 78109, 78208, 78255, 78257, 78205, 78215, 78252, 78266, 78056, 78073, 78112, 78154, 78206, 78235, 78236, 78241, 78243, 78253, 78261, 78262,78263, 78264, 78284, 78285, 78275, 78286, 78287, 78288, 78289, 78246, 78265, 78268, 78269, 78270, 78278, 78279, 78280, 78283, 78291, 78292, 78293, 78294, 78295, 78296, 78297, 78298, 78299, 78415, 78413, 78412, 78414, 78418, 78411, 78410, 78404, 78405, 78416, 78408, 78401, 78417, 78407, 78409, 78406, 78402, 78419, 78362, 78370, 78373, 78374, 78380, 78470, 78471, 78473, 78474, 78475, 78476, 78477, 78478, 78461, 78403, 78426, 78427, 78460, 78463, 78465, 78466, 78467, 78468, 78469, 78472, 78480, 77901, 77904, 77905, 77968, 77902, 77903, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review