Dependable Termite Control in San Angelo, TX: Professional Exterminator Services
If you recently noticed small water-like blots on your wooden walls, having the right information on how to properly conduct a real estate termite inspection in San Angelo, TX is the key to solving your problem. As with many things in life, knowledge is power! Read on to learn more about the signs of termite infestation and how you can contact the right company in San Angelo, TX.
3 Main Types
There are 3 types of these wood-eating bugs in the San Angelo, TX area and they include the following:
● Dry Wood
The subterranean kind is the most common of the three, and one that you will often found in San Angelo, TX. 95% of walls, ceiling and other wood structures in the home are destroyed, thanks to the propagation of this species. Not surprising, most requests for termite control involve the subterranean bug. The reason for so much damage in San Angelo, TX is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose.
Telltale Signs in San Angelo, TX
Some of the symptoms of a termite infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs. You may find it unimaginable that creatures can silently creep into your home in San Angelo, TX without you knowing it, causing irreversible damage. Among the other signs of such termite problems in San Angelo, TX include the following:
● Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
● Smell of molds and murky water
● Small insects with wings flying and swarming around the nearest light source
● Swelling of ceilings and walls
● Small mud-like tunnels on wooden window frames and walls
● Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them.
Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in San Angelo, TX is troubling construction practices. A few simple mistakes during the construction of your home, can have a big impact on how easily these termites can access your San Angelo, TX home.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in San Angelo, TX:
● Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in San Angelo, TX when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood termites to thrive in.
● Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in San Angelo, TX prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
● Improper Disposal of Materials: After construction in San Angelo, TX, there are some builders who carelessly pile their leftover building materials in hidden areas, like the back of your house. Wooden materials left outside are prone to moisture and water seepage, which becomes a fertile breeding and survival ground for termites. Wood leftovers, such as spacers, form boards and grade stakes, should never be stored anywhere inside concrete masonry units.
● Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in San Angelo, TX. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in San Angelo, TX is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these termites, as we know, just love moisture.
To summarize, in order to ensure your house in San Angelo, TX is defended against wood termite deterioration, wood should be terminated properly so that it does not come into contact with soil, drainage installation should be sound, and wooden structures should be moisture-free all the time.
Inspecting your House for Signs
Have your area inspected for termites and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in San Angelo, TX that conducts reliable inspections. When you have a termite inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
Our experts in San Angelo, TX keenly inspect the surfaces of the foundation, inside and out. As the inspection is conducted interior and exterior surfaces of the foundation are examined and any wood in the basement or crawlspace are examined.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
● All wooden spaces and areas of the house such as the basement, sills, frames, posts, joist, and piers.
● Openings in concrete masonry units, expansion contact points, brick structures and cemented areas.
● Old and moist wood around the house in the form of wood stumps, fences, disposed wood and window frames.
● Areas of the house where stone and bricks meet wooden structures
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects.
Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection.
Termite Control in San Angelo, TX
It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in San Angelo, TX. Depending on your situation, treatment can range from chemical treatments to baiting practices. The cost of the services is dependent on your choice of treatment.
Solution Pest Control
San Angelo, TX 76903
Allen, Dallas, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Arlington, Garland, Richardson, Grapevine, Carrollton, Rowlett, Plano, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, McKinney, Tyler, Longview, Wichita Falls, Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Amarillo, San Angelo, Waco
76903, 76904, 76901, 76905, 76908, 76909, 76902, 76906
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review