Your Termite Control Guide from the Best Pflugerville, TX Exterminator
If you recently noticed small water-like blots on your wooden walls, having the right information on how to properly conduct a termite inspection in Pflugerville, TX is the key to solving your problem. One or more of these signs indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings. It is important to hire the best Pest control company in Pflugerville, TX to ensure the best results.
3 Main Types
These house pests are generally grouped into three major types, which are:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in Pflugerville, TX. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Pflugerville, TX area, and the one most requested for termite control. 95% of walls, ceiling and other wood structures in the home are destroyed, thanks to the propagation of this species.
Telltale Signs in Pflugerville, TX
It takes a keen eye to detect signals that your home or office in Pflugerville, TX is infested. Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it.
The telltale signs that normally accompany these bad boys in Pflugerville, TX homes are:
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Slight moldy or musty smell
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Hollow sounding wood
It is important to eliminate any signs of infestation once you see them.
Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted pests but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Erroneous construction practices in Pflugerville, TX are often the culprit why there are infestation problems.
A few simple mistakes during the construction of your home, can have a big impact on how easily these termites can access your Pflugerville, TX home.
Some of the constructions faults that cause pest infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of termites. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Contact between Earth and Wood: Wooden structural elements should have the proper treatment and covers when it must meet earth or soil foundations, otherwise neglect will lead to a freeway of termites from outside to your house and an infestation develops.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are backfilled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these termites infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these insects.
- Home Landscaping: The practice of landscaping in Pflugerville, TX is not a direct construction matter but in areas where the intent is within the effective vicinity of the house structure, it should be monitored. Improper grading of landscaping fields may lead to water build-up and retention within gravel and sand against the foundation of the home. Uncontrolled moisture held against the structure of the house can become nesting sites of unwelcomed guests such as termites.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Pflugerville, TX so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil.
This helps prevent incidents in Pflugerville, TX that can cause moisture, because once moisture sets in, it will not be long before termites will invade your home.
Have your area inspected for termites and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in Pflugerville, TX that conducts reliable inspections. Hiring the services of professionals may be smarter, considering that the job requires a lot of crawling and creeping in the dirtiest and darkest portions of your home.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these termites have invaded your area. We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance.
Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- Spaces where wood structures are joined
- Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
An inspection will include looking for swarms or discarded wings. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection.
Termite Control in Pflugerville, TX
When it comes to controlling these insects, after the initial inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices. Depending on your situation, treatment can range from chemical treatments to baiting practices. It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home.
Pflugerville, TX 78660
78660, 78664, 78634, 78653, 78691, 78745, 78753, 78741, 78758, 78704, 78744, 78759, 78748, 78749, 78705, 78723, 78727, 78750, 78731, 78702, 78757, 78703, 78752, 78717, 78724, 78739, 78751, 78735, 78746, 78721, 78726, 78747, 78754, 78617, 78729, 78730, 78701, 78756, 78722, 78736, 78653, 78660, 78732, 78652, 78712, 78725, 78733, 78742, 78610, 78613, 78641, 78664, 78681, 78710, 78719, 78728, 78734, 78737, 78738, 78798, 78799, 73301, 73344, 78772, 78773, 78774, 78778, 78779, 78780, 78781, 78783, 78785, 78786, 78788, 78789, 78708, 78709, 78711, 78713, 78714, 78715, 78716, 78718, 78720, 78755, 78760, 78761, 78762, 78763, 78764, 78765, 78766, 78767, 78768, 78769, 78664, 78681, 78665, 78728, 78626, 78628, 78634, 78660, 78717, 78682, 78680, 78683, 78613, 78641, 78726, 78681, 78717, 78750, 78630, 78626, 78628, 78633, 78665, 78627, 77840, 77845, 77801, 77802, 77807, 77843, 77841, 77842, 77844, 77803, 77802, 77801, 77807, 77808, 77840, 77845, 77805, 77806, 76502, 76504, 76501, 76513, 76557, 76579, 76508, 76503, 76505, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 76549, 76542, 76543, 76541, 76544, 76548, 76571, 76545, 76546, 76540, 76547, 76706, 76708, 76710, 76707, 76712, 76704, 76711, 76705, 76657, 76701, 76798, 76633, 76655, 76638, 76640, 76643, 76795, 76797, 76799, 76702, 76703, 76714, 76715, 76716, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review