Your Termite Control Guide from the Best Odessa, TX Exterminator in Odessa, TX
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Odessa, TX home or business. Find out more about infestation, and how you can communicate with a reliable company who can help you with the problem. Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood termites.
3 Main Types
There are 3 types of these wood-eating bugs in the Odessa, TX area and they include the following:
● Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in Odessa, TX. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Odessa, TX area, and the one most requested for termite control. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year. These subterranean termites are the culprits behind 95% of structural damages in homes made from wood because Cellulose taken from their ingestion and destruction of wood gives them their needed nutrients to survive and multiply.
Infestation Symptoms in Odessa, TX
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in Odessa, TX is infected with termites. Rather than fret over how they are able to get inside your home, know the following tell-tale signs that require the need for termite control so you can seek immediate help:
● Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
● Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
● Water damage-like appearance
● Moldy or musty smell
● Hollow sounding wood
● Swollen floors and ceilings
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them.
Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices Odessa, TX
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in Odessa, TX is troubling construction practices. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these termites to eat their way inside your home.
Be smart to know about some issues that these termites find all too welcoming for comfort:
● Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of pests. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
● Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Odessa, TX that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for pests to get in. In which case, termite control may be a necessity in the near future.
● Leftover Building Materials: Did you know that sometimes leftover building materials, including wood materials, are backfilled into your porch, or slab area? This backfilling leaves a perfect source of cellulose, and a perfect home for these subterranean insects in Odessa, TX. Another problematic construction practice is to leave wood debris inside concrete masonry units or CMU’s; as well as leaving grade stakes, form boards, and spacers in the slab.
● Home Landscaping: The practice of landscaping in Odessa, TX is not a direct construction matter but in areas where the intent is within the effective vicinity of the house structure, it should be monitored. Improper grading of landscaping fields may lead to water build-up and retention within gravel and sand against the foundation of the home. Uncontrolled moisture held against the structure of the house can become nesting sites of unwelcomed guests such as termites.
As you can see, when it comes to protecting your Odessa, TX home against wood damage, you must mitigate the soil to wood contact as well as ensure proper drainage to keep the soil by your foundation as dry as possible. This helps prevent incidents in Odessa, TX that can cause moisture, because once moisture sets in, it will not be long before pests will invade your home.
Have your area inspected for termites and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in Odessa, TX that conducts reliable inspections.
Hiring the services of professionals may be smarter, considering that the job requires a lot of crawling and creeping in the dirtiest and darkest portions of your home.
As the inspection is conducted interior and exterior surfaces of the foundation are examined and any wood in the basement or crawlspace are examined.
Additionally, these other points may be inspected:
● All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
● Spaces where wood structures are joined
● All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
● Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
Our experts in Odessa, TX should also inspect on signs of swarm breeding or shed insect wings. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Odessa, TX help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Termite Control Services in Odessa, TX
Solution Pest Control will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your pest problems in Odessa, TX. When it comes to controlling these pests, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices. Solutions range from various chemical methods and applications in specific parts of the house and to manual extermination practices. Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home.
Odessa, TX 79762
Dallas, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Arlington, Garland, Richardson, Grapevine, Carrollton,Rowlett,Plano, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Allen, Fort Worth, Frisco, McKinney, Tyler, Longview, Wichita Falls,Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Amarillo, San Angelo, Waco
79762, 79761, 79763, 79764, 79765, 79766, 79706, 79707, 79760, 79768, 79769
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review