Your Termite Control Guide from the Best Exterminator in New Braunfels, TX
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for inspection in New Braunfels, TX. It can be difficult to handle active infestation so you will need the help of professionals. Seeing signs such as small holes on the wood, buckling paint, and mud tunnels means that you need to get your home or your business inspected.
Types of Wood Termites in New Braunfels, TX
These house pests are generally grouped into three major types, which are:
- Dry Wood
Among the three major types, the subterranean is the most common species of these wood-eating bugs in New Braunfels, TX. They feast on cellulose which can be found in wood and wood products, so it’s not surprising to know that 95% of damages in homes and office buildings annually are attributed to this kind of species. Not surprising, most requests for pest control involve the subterranean bug. The reason for so much damage in New Braunfels, TX is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose.
Major Symptoms in New Braunfels, TX
Some of the symptoms of a termite infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs.
The telltale signs that normally accompany these bad boys in New Braunfels, TX homes are:
- Stains and blots in wood surfaces
- Hollow areas of walls made from wood
- Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
- Traces of muddy or pungent odor
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
- Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
If you see any or all of these signs, you need termite control in New Braunfels, TX.
Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices New Braunfels, TX
Poor construction habits and practices of home builders and renovators are the leading cause of pest problems in houses in New Braunfels, TX.
Below standard construction practices and methods undermine the ability of the house to properly safeguard itself against dilapidation and infiltration of not just wood bugs but other kinds of problems as well.
The following are some faulty workmanship that leads to gradual or easy infestation of these annoying bugs:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of infestation. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and termites entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
- Storage of Wooden Materials: Wooden materials that are leftover from home construction in New Braunfels, TX might end up being irresponsibly stored around and inside houses. Materials carelessly accumulated near houses become breeding grounds of various insects that cause sickness and damage, including wood bugs. Termites also get their way inside walls and ceiling because of misplaced wooden materials such as form boards, grade stakes and spacers within slabs.
- Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in New Braunfels, TX, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these termites absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in New Braunfels, TX so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil.
At this point, you probably have a good idea whether you need the services of a reputable company for inspection in New Braunfels, TX. Hiring the services of professionals may be smarter, considering that the job requires a lot of crawling and creeping in the dirtiest and darkest portions of your home.
Spaces inside and areas outside the house should be given thorough visits by your chosen inspection company so that every breeding ground is identified and marked.
Additionally, these other points may be inspected:
- Spaces where a porch, steps, or slabs join with wood structures
- All wooden portions of the foundation and lower level of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cracks in cement
- They may also inspect scrap wood around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection.
Termite Control in New Braunfels, TX
When it comes to controlling infestation, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices. It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in New Braunfels, TX. The cost of the services is dependent on your choice of treatment. The accuracy of the termite inspection increases the chances of deciding the best pest control solution for the situation so that you only need to perform control procedures only once.
Solution Pest Control
New Braunfels, TX 78130
New Braunfels, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Victoria, San Marcos,
78130, 78132, 78135, 78131, 78228, 78207, 78250, 78247, 78249, 78251, 78240, 78227, 78223, 78201, 78216, 78230, 78210, 78237, 78213, 78258, 78221, 78211, 78217, 78218, 78242, 78232, 78233, 78229, 78209, 78245, 78212, 78214, 78254, 78259, 78222, 78224, 78238, 78220, 78225, 78248, 78202, 78023, 78204, 78244, 78203, 78219, 78226, 78231, 78234, 78256, 78239, 78260, 78109, 78208, 78255, 78257, 78205, 78215, 78252, 78266, 78056, 78073, 78112, 78154, 78206, 78235, 78236, 78241, 78243, 78253, 78261, 78262,78263, 78264, 78284, 78285, 78275, 78286, 78287, 78288, 78289, 78246, 78265, 78268, 78269, 78270, 78278, 78279, 78280, 78283, 78291, 78292, 78293, 78294, 78295, 78296, 78297, 78298, 78299, 78415, 78413, 78412, 78414, 78418, 78411, 78410, 78404, 78405, 78416, 78408, 78401, 78417, 78407, 78409, 78406, 78402, 78419, 78362, 78370, 78373, 78374, 78380, 78470, 78471, 78473, 78474, 78475, 78476, 78477, 78478, 78461, 78403, 78426, 78427, 78460, 78463, 78465, 78466, 78467, 78468, 78469, 78472, 78480, 77901, 77904, 77905, 77968, 77902, 77903, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review