Reliable Midland, TX Exterminator: Professional Termite Control
If you recently noticed small water-like blots on your wooden walls, having the right information on how to properly conduct a real estate termite inspection in Midland, TX is the key to solving your problem. Read on to learn more about the signs of termite infestation and how you can contact the right company in Midland, TX. Find out more about infestation, and how you can communicate with a reliable company who can help you with the problem.
3 Main Types
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termites are identified in Midland, TX:
● Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in Midland, TX. These subterranean termites are the culprits behind 95% of structural damages in homes made from wood because Cellulose taken from their ingestion and destruction of wood gives them their needed nutrients to survive and multiply. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Midland, TX area, and the one most requested for termite control. Because of their prevalence, the termite inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners.
Tell-tale Signs of Infestation
It takes a keen eye to detect signals that your home or office in Midland, TX is infested.
The telltale signs that normally accompany these bad boys in Midland, TX homes are:
● Slight moldy or musty smell
● Water damage-like appearance
● Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
● Swollen floors and ceilings
● Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
● Hollow sounding wood
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in Midland, TX is troubling construction practices. Even minor glitches in the manner of construction can provide the gateway for the wood eaters to creep in your home without anyone noticing it.
Some of the constructions faults that cause termite infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
● Drainage Issues: The grading of your Midland, TX landscape can be faulty, leading to insufficient drainage of water away from your home. You may also have eaves that are insufficiently extended, or downspouts that are not long enough to carry run-off away from your home’s foundation. All of these elements lead to moisture along your foundation--an ideal home for these termites.
● Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Midland, TX that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for termites to get in. In which case, termite control may be a necessity in the near future.
● Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are back-filled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these pests infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these pests.
● Landscaping: While troublesome landscaping might not fall under a lack of care practice when considering construction in Midland, TX, it definitely can be problematic if not graded correctly. You also send an invitation to these creatures when mulch or gravel is spread against the building’s foundation. This practice allows moisture to be held against the foundation, creating a prime habitat for living and foraging.
To summarize, in order to ensure your house in Midland, TX is defended against wood pest deterioration, wood should be terminated properly so that it does not come into contact with soil, drainage installation should be sound, and wooden structures should be moisture-free all the time.
Hiring the most competent company in that specializes in termite inspection in Midland, TX is the best course of action in dealing with pest infestations.
These professionals are able to do a thorough real estate termite inspection of in pest-prone areas of the house such as narrow crawl spaces, basements, and attics.
Every nook and cranny of your home in Midland, TX is scoured and visited in order to perform a detailed assessment of the structure of the house. Other areas inspectors and home owners should look out for are the following:
● All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
● Spaces where wood structures are attached to
● Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
● All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
Our experts in Midland, TX should also inspect on signs of swarm breeding or shed insect wings. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection.
Termite Control in Midland, TX
It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home. The cost of the services is dependent on your choice of treatment. Available control and treatment methods have their own distinct effectiveness and extent of coverage which are proportional to their prices. The cost will depend on the type of treatment used.
Solution Pest Control
Midland, TX 79705
Dallas, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Arlington, Garland, Richardson, Grapevine, Carrollton,Rowlett,Plano, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Allen, Fort Worth, Frisco, McKinney, Tyler, Longview, Wichita Falls,Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Amarillo, San Angelo, Waco
79707, 79705, 79701, 79703, 79706, 79765, 79782, 79702, 79704, 79708, 79710, 79711, 79712
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review