Your Termite Control Guide from the Best Lubbock, TX Exterminator in Lubbock, TX
Small holes in the wood? Buckling paint? Mud tunnels? Just a few of the signs that you might have a need for a termite inspection in your Lubbock, TX home or business. Helpful details and tips are discussed below on what signs to look out for bug infestation. Seeing signs such as small holes on the wood, buckling paint, and mud tunnels means that you need to get your home or your business inspected. One or more of these signs indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings.
3 Main Types
These house termites are generally group into three major types, which are:
● Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in Lubbock, TX is the subterranean breed. Subterranean termites are the most common, and they are often the cause of requests for termite control in Lubbock, TX. The reason for so much damage in Lubbock, TX is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose. They feast on cellulose which can be found in wood and wood products, so it’s not surprising to know that 95% of damages in homes and office buildings annually are attributed to this kind of species.
Infestation Symptoms in Lubbock, TX
There are accurate signs you can look for so that you can initially suspect a home or a structure to be plagued by wood termites.
Rather than fret over how they are able to get inside your home, know the following tell-tale signs that require the need for termite control so you can seek immediate help:
● Swollen floors and ceilings
● Water damage-like appearance
● Hollow sounding wood
● Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
● Slight moldy or musty smell
● Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
Having one or more of the signs above confirm a wood pest infestation in your home in Lubbock, TX. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood termite infestation.
Home Construction Faults in Lubbock, TX
Annoying infestation problems in Lubbock, TX are often the result of faults in construction.
Even minor glitches in the manner of construction can provide the gateway for the wood eaters to creep in your home without anyone noticing it.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in Lubbock, TX:
● Drainage Issues: The grading of your Lubbock, TX landscape can be faulty, leading to insufficient drainage of water away from your home. You may also have eaves that are insufficiently extended, or downspouts that are not long enough to carry run-off away from your home’s foundation. All of these elements lead to moisture along your foundation--an ideal home for these termites.
● Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in Lubbock, TX prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
● Storage of Wooden Materials: Wooden materials that are leftover from home construction in Lubbock, TX might end up being irresponsibly stored around and inside houses. Materials carelessly accumulated near houses become breeding grounds of various insects that cause sickness and damage, including wood bugs. Termites also get their way inside walls and ceiling because of misplaced wooden materials such as form boards, grade stakes and spacers within slabs.
● Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Lubbock, TX. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Lubbock, TX is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these termites, as we know, just love moisture.
As you can see, when it comes to protecting your Lubbock, TX home against wood damage, you must mitigate the soil to wood contact as well as ensure proper drainage to keep the soil by your foundation as dry as possible. One is to prevent wood to get in contact with the soil as much as possible and two, have a good drainage system so the soil is left dry.
Inspecting your House for Signs
Have your area inspected for termites and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in Lubbock, TX that conducts reliable inspections. When you have a termite inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
Every nook and cranny of your home in Lubbock, TX is scoured and visited in order to perform a detailed assessment of the structure of the house.
Additionally, these other points may be inspected:
● All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cracks in cement
● They may also inspect scrap wood around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
● Spaces where a porch, steps, or slabs join with wood structures
● All wooden portions of the foundation and lower level of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects.
Termite inspection does seem like hard work and is best left to the professionals in Lubbock, TX.
Termite Control in Lubbock, TX
The rate for chemical treatments in Lubbock, TX is not the same as the rate for baiting practices, and the success rate also varies. Solution Pest Control will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your pest problems in Lubbock, TX. When it comes to controlling these pests, only trust a company like Solution Pest Control, so you can rest assured by the thought that these annoying wood eaters will not bother you anymore. Get in touch with us today! When it comes to controlling these pests, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices.
Solution Pest Control
Lubbock, TX 79413
Dallas, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Arlington, Garland, Richardson, Grapevine, Carrollton,Rowlett,Plano, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Allen, Fort Worth, Frisco, McKinney, Tyler, Longview, Wichita Falls,Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Amarillo, San Angelo, Waco
79424, 79416, 79423, 79413, 79414, 79412, 79407, 79415, 79403, 79410, 79404, 79401, 79411, 79406, 79382, 79402, 79405, 79409, 79430, 79457, 79491, 79408, 79452, 79453, 79464, 79490, 79493, 79499
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review