Dependable Termite Control in Longview,TX: Professional Exterminator Services
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Longview,TX home or business. Find out more about infestation, and how you can communicate with a reliable company who can help you with the problem. Read on to learn more about the signs of termite infestation and how you can contact the right company in Longview,TX. It can be difficult to handle active termite infestation so you will need the help of professionals.
3 Main Types
These house termites are generally group into three major types, which are:
● Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in Longview,TX is the subterranean breed. Not surprising, most requests for termite control involve the subterranean bug. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Longview,TX area, and the one most requested for termite control.
Infestation Symptoms in Longview,TX
There are accurate signs you can look for so that you can initially suspect a home or a structure to be plagued by wood termite.
Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it.
Don’t allow these termites to take control of your home; rather, be mindful of the following signals that warrant termite control right away:
● Swollen floors and ceilings
● Moldy or musty smell
● Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
● Hollow sounding wood
● Water damage-like appearance
● Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them.
Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted pests but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices Longview,TX
This is one of the major causes of pest infestation in homes in Longview,TX. Below standard construction practices and methods undermine the ability of the house to properly safeguard itself against dilapidation and infiltration of not just wood bugs but other kinds of problems as well.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in Longview,TX:
● Drainage Issues: Eaves that are not sufficiently extended and downspouts that are too short are issues that need to be looked at when you are worried about infestation in your area. These pests love moisture, and faults in the drainage system allow for moisture to seep in. Faults in the grading of your landscape can lead to insufficient drainage, and thus must also be taken into consideration.
● Contact between Earth and Wood: Wooden structural elements should have the proper treatment and covers when it must meet earth or soil foundations, otherwise neglect will lead to a freeway of termites from outside to your house and an infestation develops.
● Leftover Building Materials: Remember that subterranean bugs take their nourishment from cellulose, and cellulose can be contained in back-filled construction debris, especially wood. This also goes to say that wood left in CMUs or masonry units can be infested, and so can leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs.
● Unguided Landscaping: Attention should be given to the landscaping effort around the house. The wrong grading of landscaping that involves gravel lets moisture accumulate and set around the house, as well as its base. Moist wood is clearly an attractive site for termite dwelling.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Longview,TX so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil. Make sure you have a good drainage system that actually works.
There are companies that perform termite inspection and although you may want to do it yourself. Hiring the services of professionals may be smarter, considering that the job requires a lot of crawling and creeping in the dirtiest and darkest portions of your home.
You can expect our professionals in Longview,TX to thoroughly scrutinize both sides of the foundation of the surfaces.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
● Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
● All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
● All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
● Spaces where wood structures are joined
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects.
Home inspection termite problems may happen if you plan on doing this by yourself, so it is still best to hire professional help in looking for symptoms of pest infestation. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Effective Termite Control in Longview,TX
It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in Longview,TX. The cost will depend on the type of treatment used. Available control and treatment methods have their own distinct effectiveness and extent of coverage which are proportional to their prices.
Solution Pest Control
Longview , TX 75604
Allen, Dallas, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Arlington, Garland, Richardson, Grapevine, Carrollton, Rowlett, Plano, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, McKinney, Tyler, Longview, Wichita Falls, Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Amarillo, San Angelo, Waco
75604, 75605, 75602, 75601,75603, 75693, 75606, 75607, 75608, 75615
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review