Dependable Termite Control in Killeen, TX: Professional Exterminator Services
If you recently noticed small water-like blots on your wooden walls, having the right information on how to properly conduct a termite inspection in Killeen, TX is the key to solving your problem. Read through the following to find out more about the signs of these pesky bugs, and how you can find the best company for help in Killeen, TX. It is important to hire the best pest control company in Killeen, TX to ensure the best results.
3 Main Types
Termites come in three kinds:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in Killeen, TX. These subterranean termites are the culprits behind 95% of structural damages in homes made from wood because Cellulose taken from their ingestion and destruction of wood gives them their needed nutrients to survive and multiply. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year. Because of their prevalence, the pest inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners.
Infestation Symptoms in Killeen, TX
Some of the symptoms of a infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs.
The telltale signs that normally accompany these bad bugs in Killeen, TX homes are:
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Swelling of ceilings and walls
- Water damage-like appearance
- Hollow areas of walls made from wood
Any signs of infestation is best dealt with immediately. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood pest infestation.
Home Construction Faults in Killeen, TX
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in Killeen, TX is troubling construction practices. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these termites to eat their way inside your home.
The following are some faulty workmanship that leads to gradual or easy infestation of these annoying bugs:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in Killeen, TX when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood termites to thrive in.
- Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in Killeen, TX prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
- Leftover Building Materials: Remember that subterranean bugs take their nourishment from cellulose, and cellulose can be contained in backfilled construction debris, especially wood. This also goes to say that wood left in CMUs or masonry units can be infested, and so can leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Killeen, TX. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Killeen, TX is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these termites, as we know, just love moisture.
Keeping moisture away from the foundation and structure of the house, as well as prevention of untreated contact points of soil and wooden parts of the house should be observed to prevent the settlement of termites in your house. One is to prevent wood to get in contact with the soil as much as possible and two, have a good drainage system so the soil is left dry.
Inspecting your House for Signs
There are companies that perform inspections and although you may want to do it yourself. These professionals are able to do a thorough inspection of in pest-prone areas of the house such as narrow crawl spaces, basements, and attics.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these pests have invaded your area.
We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cracks in cement
- They may also inspect scrap wood around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- Spaces where a porch, steps, or slabs join with wood structures
- All wooden portions of the foundation and lower level of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
Our experts in Killeen, TX should also inspect on signs of swarm breeding or shed insect wings. Home inspection termite problems may happen if you plan on doing this by yourself, so it is still best to hire professional help in looking for symptoms of pest infestation.
Effective Termite Control in Killeen, TX
When it comes to controlling these pests, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices. If you are working on your budget, you may be interested to find out how much you will be paying for termite control services in Killeen, TX. Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. When it comes to controlling these pests, only trust a company like Solution Pest Control, so you can rest assured by the thought that these annoying wood eaters will not bother you anymore. Get in touch with us today!
Solution Pest Control
Killeen , TX 76549
76549, 76542, 76543, 76541, 76544, 76548, 76571, 76545, 76546, 76540, 76547, 78745, 78753, 78741, 78758, 78704, 78744, 78759, 78748, 78749, 78705, 78723, 78727, 78750, 78731, 78702, 78757, 78703, 78752, 78717, 78724, 78739, 78751, 78735, 78746, 78721, 78726, 78747, 78754, 78617, 78729, 78730, 78701, 78756, 78722, 78736, 78653, 78660, 78732, 78652, 78712, 78725, 78733, 78742, 78610, 78613, 78641, 78664, 78681, 78710, 78719, 78728, 78734, 78737, 78738, 78798, 78799, 73301, 73344, 78772, 78773, 78774, 78778, 78779, 78780, 78781, 78783, 78785, 78786, 78788, 78789, 78708, 78709, 78711, 78713, 78714, 78715, 78716, 78718, 78720, 78755, 78760, 78761, 78762, 78763, 78764, 78765, 78766, 78767, 78768, 78769, 78660, 78664, 78634, 78653, 78691, 78664, 78681, 78665, 78728, 78626, 78628, 78634, 78660, 78717, 78682, 78680, 78683, 78613, 78641, 78726, 78681, 78717, 78750, 78630, 78626, 78628, 78633, 78665, 78627, 77840, 77845, 77801, 77802, 77807, 77843, 77841, 77842, 77844, 77803, 77802, 77801, 77807, 77808, 77840, 77845, 77805, 77806, 76502, 76504, 76501, 76513, 76557, 76579, 76508, 76503, 76505, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 76706, 76708, 76710, 76707, 76712, 76704, 76711, 76705, 76657, 76701, 76798, 76633, 76655, 76638, 76640, 76643, 76795, 76797, 76799, 76702, 76703, 76714, 76715, 76716, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review