Professional College Station, TX Exterminator: Expert Termite Control
If you just wandered around your house and found hollow wood or layers of paint sticking out or even numerous holes on your walls and ceilings, this hints an infestation—a termite inspection in your College Station, TX home is recommended to properly assess the situation. One or more of these signs indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings. Seeing signs such as small holes on the wood, buckling paint, and mud tunnels means that you need to get your home or your business inspected. Helpful details and tips are discussed below on what signs to look out for bug infestation.
3 Main Types
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termites are identified in College Station, TX:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean kind is the most common of the three, and one that you will often found in College Station, TX. Subterranean termites are the most common, and they are often the cause of requests for termite control in College Station, TX. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the College Station, TX area.
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in College Station, TX is infected with bugs.
The telltale signs that normally accompany these bad bugs in College Station, TX homes are:
- Small mud-like tunnels on wooden window frames and walls
- Smell of molds and murky water
- Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Small insects with wings flying and swarming around the nearest light source
- Swelling of ceilings and walls
Any signs of infestation is best dealt with immediately. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted bugs but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Home Construction Faults in College Station, TX
This is one of the major causes of pest infestation in homes in College Station, TX. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these bugs to eat their way inside your home.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in College Station, TX:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of bugs. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in College Station, TX prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
- Leftover Building Materials: Did you know that sometimes leftover building materials, including wood materials, are backfilled into your porch, or slab area? This backfilling leaves a perfect source of cellulose, and a perfect home for these subterranean insects in College Station, TX. Another problematic construction practice is to leave wood debris inside concrete masonry units or CMU’s; as well as leaving grade stakes, form boards, and spacers in the slab.
- Unguided Landscaping: Attention should be given to the landscaping effort around the house. The wrong grading of landscaping that involves gravel lets moisture accumulate and set around the house, as well as its base. Moist wood is clearly an attractive site for termite dwelling.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in College Station, TX so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil.
Make sure you have a good drainage system that actually works.
Have your area inspected for termites and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in College Station, TX that conducts reliable inspections.
These professionals are able to do a thorough inspection of in pest-prone areas of the house such as narrow crawl spaces, basements, and attics.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these bugs have invaded your area.
Critical areas to be visited are:
- Old and moist wood around the house in the form of wood stumps, fences, disposed wood and window frames.
- Openings in concrete masonry units, expansion contact points, brick structures and cemented areas.
- All wooden spaces and areas of the house such as the basement, sills, frames, posts, joist, and piers.
- Areas of the house where stone and bricks meet wooden structures
Our experts in College Station, TX should also inspect on signs of swarm breeding or shed insect wings. An experienced home pest inspection company will be able to guide you in properly identifying problem spots in your house to prevent further deterioration of your house in College Station, TX by these annoying bugs.
This kind of job is best left in the care of professionals.
Termite Control Services in College Station, TX
It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in College Station, TX. Solutions range from various chemical methods and applications in specific parts of the house and to manual extermination practices. Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home.
Solution Pest Control
College Station , TX 77840
77840, 77845, 77801, 77802, 77807, 77843, 77841, 77842, 77844, 78745, 78753, 78741, 78758, 78704, 78744, 78759, 78748, 78749, 78705, 78723, 78727, 78750, 78731, 78702, 78757, 78703, 78752, 78717, 78724, 78739, 78751, 78735, 78746, 78721, 78726, 78747, 78754, 78617, 78729, 78730, 78701, 78756, 78722, 78736, 78653, 78660, 78732, 78652, 78712, 78725, 78733, 78742, 78610, 78613, 78641, 78664, 78681, 78710, 78719, 78728, 78734, 78737, 78738, 78798, 78799, 73301, 73344, 78772, 78773, 78774, 78778, 78779, 78780, 78781, 78783, 78785, 78786, 78788, 78789, 78708, 78709, 78711, 78713, 78714, 78715, 78716, 78718, 78720, 78755, 78760, 78761, 78762, 78763, 78764, 78765, 78766, 78767, 78768, 78769, 78660, 78664, 78634, 78653, 78691, 78664, 78681, 78665, 78728, 78626, 78628, 78634, 78660, 78717, 78682, 78680, 78683, 78613, 78641, 78726, 78681, 78717, 78750, 78630, 78626, 78628, 78633, 78665, 78627, 77803, 77802, 77801, 77807, 77808, 77840, 77845, 77805, 77806, 76502, 76504, 76501, 76513, 76557, 76579, 76508, 76503, 76505, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 76549, 76542, 76543, 76541, 76544, 76548, 76571, 76545, 76546, 76540, 76547, 76706, 76708, 76710, 76707, 76712, 76704, 76711, 76705, 76657, 76701, 76798, 76633, 76655, 76638, 76640, 76643, 76795, 76797, 76799, 76702, 76703, 76714, 76715, 76716, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review