Dependable Termite Control in Cedar Park, TX: Professional Exterminator Services
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Cedar Park, TX home or business. As with many things in life, knowledge is power! Read through the following to find out more about the signs of these pesky bugs, and how you can find the best company for help in Cedar Park, TX.
3 Main Types
There are 3 types of these wood-eating bugs in the Cedar Park, TX area and they include the following:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean kind is the most common of the three, and one that you will often found in Cedar Park, TX. Subterranean the most common, are often the cause of requests for termites control in Cedar Park, TX. The reason for so much damage in Cedar Park, TX is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose.
Infestation Symptoms in Cedar Park, TX
There are accurate signs you can look for so that you can initially suspect a home or a structure to be plagued by wood termites.
The following are some of the signs you can easily observe from an infested house in Cedar Park, TX:
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Hollow sounding wood
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Slight moldy or musty smell
● Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
Home Construction Faults in Cedar Park, TX
This is one of the major causes of termites infestation in homes in Cedar Park, TX. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these bugs to eat their way inside your home.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in Cedar Park, TX:
- Drainage Issues: Eaves that are not sufficiently extended and downspouts that are too short are issues that need to be looked at when you are worried about infestation in your area. These bugs love moisture, and faults in the drainage system allow for moisture to seep in. Faults in the grading of your landscape can lead to insufficient drainage, and thus must also be taken into consideration.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood buried in or even near the edge of your soil, you’ve given a solid and direct pathway for these bugs to enter your home and this might lead to a need for termite control.
- Leftover Building Materials: Remember that subterranean bugs take their nourishment from cellulose, and cellulose can be contained in backfilled construction debris, especially wood. This also goes to say that wood left in CMUs or masonry units can be infested, and so can leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs.
- Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in Cedar Park, TX, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these bugs absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Cedar Park, TX so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil. Make sure you have a good drainage system that actually works.
Inspecting your House for Signs
There are companies that perform termite inspection and although you may want to do it yourself. Hiring the services of professionals may be smarter, considering that the job requires a lot of crawling and creeping in the dirtiest and darkest portions of your home.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these termites have invaded your area.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cracks in cement
- All wooden portions of the foundation and lower level of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- They may also inspect scrap wood around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- Spaces where a porch, steps, or slabs join with wood structures
Our experts in Cedar Park, TX should also inspect on signs of swarm breeding or shed insect wings. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection.
This kind of job is best left in the care of professionals.
Termite Control in Cedar Park, TX
The cost of the services is dependent on your choice of treatment. Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable termites control company, such as Solution Pest Control in Cedar Park, TX.
Solution Pest Control
Cedar Park , TX 78613
Cedar Park, Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Georgetown, College Station, Bryan, Temple, San Marcos, Killeen, Waco, New Braunfels
78613, 78641, 78726, 78681, 78717, 78750, 78630, 78745, 78753, 78741, 78758, 78704, 78744, 78759, 78748, 78749, 78705, 78723, 78727, 78750, 78731, 78702, 78757, 78703, 78752, 78717, 78724, 78739, 78751, 78735, 78746, 78721, 78726, 78747, 78754, 78617, 78729, 78730, 78701, 78756, 78722, 78736, 78653, 78660, 78732, 78652, 78712, 78725, 78733, 78742, 78610, 78613, 78641, 78664, 78681, 78710, 78719, 78728, 78734, 78737, 78738, 78798, 78799, 73301, 73344, 78772, 78773, 78774, 78778, 78779, 78780, 78781, 78783, 78785, 78786, 78788, 78789, 78708, 78709, 78711, 78713, 78714, 78715, 78716, 78718, 78720, 78755, 78760, 78761, 78762, 78763, 78764, 78765, 78766, 78767, 78768, 78769, 78660, 78664, 78634, 78653, 78691, 78664, 78681, 78665, 78728, 78626, 78628, 78634, 78660, 78717, 78682, 78680, 78683, 78626, 78628, 78633, 78665, 78627, 77840, 77845, 77801, 77802, 77807, 77843, 77841, 77842, 77844, 77803, 77802, 77801, 77807, 77808, 77840, 77845, 77805, 77806, 76502, 76504, 76501, 76513, 76557, 76579, 76508, 76503, 76505, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 76549, 76542, 76543, 76541, 76544, 76548, 76571, 76545, 76546, 76540, 76547, 76706, 76708, 76710, 76707, 76712, 76704, 76711, 76705, 76657, 76701, 76798, 76633, 76655, 76638, 76640, 76643, 76795, 76797, 76799, 76702, 76703, 76714, 76715, 76716, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review