Professional Bryan, TX Exterminator: Expert Termite Control
If you just wandered around your house and found hollow wood or layers of paint sticking out or even numerous holes on your walls and ceilings, this hints an infestation—a termite inspection in your Bryan, TX home is recommended to properly assess the situation. Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood bugs. As with many things in life, knowledge is power!
3 Main Types
Before anything else, you will want to know that wood-eating bugs are generally of three kinds:
- Dry Wood
The most common type is subterranean. Bugs of this kind feed on cellulose, and the fact that cellulose can be found in wood and wood products can explain why subterranean bugs cause at least 95% of damages to homes and office structures year in and year out. The subterranean is the most frequently reported kind of these termites for extermination. They feast on cellulose which can be found in wood and wood products, so it’s not surprising to know that 95% of damages in homes and office buildings annually are attributed to this kind of species.
Tell-tale Signs of Infestation
There are accurate signs you can look for so that you can initially suspect a home or a structure to be plagued by wood termites.
Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it.
The following are some of the signs you can easily observe from an infested house in Bryan, TX:
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Small insects with wings flying and swarming around the nearest light source
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Swollen floors and ceilings
Having one or more of the signs above confirm a infestation in your home in Bryan, TX. Being aware of how they ended up creating a breeding ground in your homes will help you in tracing possible sources of infiltration and prevent further damage to your property.
Problematic Construction Practices Bryan, TX
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in Bryan, TX is troubling construction practices.
A few simple mistakes during the construction of your home, can have a big impact on how easily these bugs can access your Bryan, TX home.
Some of the biggest facets of problematic construction that can lead to an infestation include the following:
- Drainage Issues: Eaves that are not sufficiently extended and downspouts that are too short are issues that need to be looked at when you are worried about infestation in your area. These bugs love moisture, and faults in the drainage system allow for moisture to seep in. Faults in the grading of your landscape can lead to insufficient drainage, and thus must also be taken into consideration.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood buried in or even near the edge of your soil, you’ve given a solid and direct pathway for these bugs to enter your home and this might lead to a need for termite control.
- Storage of Wooden Materials: Wooden materials that are leftover from home construction in Bryan, TX might end up being irresponsibly stored around and inside houses. Materials carelessly accumulated near houses become breeding grounds of various insects that cause sickness and damage, including wood bugs. Termites also get their way inside walls and ceiling because of misplaced wooden materials such as form boards, grade stakes and spacers within slabs.
- Landscaping: While troublesome landscaping might not fall under a lack of care practice when considering construction in Bryan, TX, it definitely can be problematic if not graded correctly. You also send an invitation to these creatures when mulch or gravel is spread against the building’s foundation. This practice allows moisture to be held against the foundation, creating a prime habitat for living and foraging.
If you cannot avoid construction works or landscaping jobs in Bryan, TX, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the possibility infestation.
There are companies that perform inspections and although you may want to do it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to wind through the dark and dirty spaces of your home.
Every nook and cranny of your home in Bryan, TX is scoured and visited in order to perform a detailed assessment of the structure of the house.
Additionally, these other points may be inspected:
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- Spaces where wood structures are joined
- All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects. Inspection does seem like hard work and is best left to the professionals in Bryan, TX. This kind of job is best left in the care of professionals.
Effective Termite Control in Bryan, TX
Solution Pest Control Control in Bryan, TX is your best bet in finding a competent and dedicated termite control company that should be able to guide you in properly inspecting your area in Bryan, TX and performing effective treatment to your home. Depending on your situation, treatment can range from chemical treatments to baiting practices. The accuracy of the inspection increases the chances of deciding the best termites control solution for the situation so that you only need to perform control procedures only once.
Solution Pest Control
Bryan , TX 77803
Bryan, Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown, College Station,Temple, San Marcos, Killeen, Waco, New Braunfels
77803, 77802, 77801, 77807, 77808, 77840, 77845, 77805, 77806, 78745, 78753, 78741, 78758, 78704, 78744, 78759, 78748, 78749, 78705, 78723, 78727, 78750, 78731, 78702, 78757, 78703, 78752, 78717, 78724, 78739, 78751, 78735, 78746, 78721, 78726, 78747, 78754, 78617, 78729, 78730, 78701, 78756, 78722, 78736, 78653, 78660, 78732, 78652, 78712, 78725, 78733, 78742, 78610, 78613, 78641, 78664, 78681, 78710, 78719, 78728, 78734, 78737, 78738, 78798, 78799, 73301, 73344, 78772, 78773, 78774, 78778, 78779, 78780, 78781, 78783, 78785, 78786, 78788, 78789, 78708, 78709, 78711, 78713, 78714, 78715, 78716, 78718, 78720, 78755, 78760, 78761, 78762, 78763, 78764, 78765, 78766, 78767, 78768, 78769, 78660, 78664, 78634, 78653, 78691, 78664, 78681, 78665, 78728, 78626, 78628, 78634, 78660, 78717, 78682, 78680, 78683, 78613, 78641, 78726, 78681, 78717, 78750, 78630, 78626, 78628, 78633, 78665, 78627, 77840, 77845, 77801, 77802, 77807, 77843, 77841, 77842, 77844, 76502, 76504, 76501, 76513, 76557, 76579, 76508, 76503, 76505, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 76549, 76542, 76543, 76541, 76544, 76548, 76571, 76545, 76546, 76540, 76547, 76706, 76708, 76710, 76707, 76712, 76704, 76711, 76705, 76657, 76701, 76798, 76633, 76655, 76638, 76640, 76643, 76795, 76797, 76799, 76702, 76703, 76714, 76715, 76716, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review