Trustworthy Austin, TX Exterminator: Specialized Termite Control
If you recently noticed small water-like blots on your wooden walls, having the right information on how to properly conduct a termite inspection in Austin, TX is the key to solving your problem. It can be difficult to handle active infestation so you will need the help of professionals. Find out more about infestation, and how you can communicate with a reliable company who can help you with the problem.
3 Main Types
These house pests are generally grouped into three major types, which are:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean kind is the most common of the three, and one that you will often found in Austin, TX. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year. Because of their prevalence, the inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners. They feast on cellulose which can be found in wood and wood products, so it’s not surprising to know that 95% of damages in homes and office buildings annually are attributed to this kind of species.
Infestation Symptoms in Austin, TX
It takes a keen eye to detect signals that your home or office in Austin, TX is infested. Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it.
Among the other signs of such termites problems in Austin, TX include the following:
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Moldy or musty smell
- Hollow sounding wood
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
It is important to eliminate any signs of termites once you see them.
To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood infestation.
Problematic Construction Practices
Erroneous construction practices in Austin, TX are often the culprit why there are infestation problems. Problematic habits and practices during the construction phase of the house can easily cause major complications in the integrity of the house against wood-eating bugs.
Some of the biggest facets of problematic construction that can lead to an infestation include the following:
- Drainage Issues: Eaves that are not sufficiently extended and downspouts that are too short are issues that need to be looked at when you are worried about infestation in your area. These termites love moisture, and faults in the drainage system allow for moisture to seep in. Faults in the grading of your landscape can lead to insufficient drainage, and thus must also be taken into consideration.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Austin, TX that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for termites to get in. In which case, termite control may be a necessity in the near future.
- Improper Disposal of Materials: After construction in Austin, TX, there are some builders who carelessly pile their leftover building materials in hidden areas, like the back of your house. Wooden materials left outside are prone to moisture and water seepage, which becomes a fertile breeding and survival ground for termites. Wood leftovers, such as spacers, form boards and grade stakes, should never be stored anywhere inside concrete masonry units.
- Unguided Landscaping: Attention should be given to the landscaping effort around the house. The wrong grading of landscaping that involves gravel lets moisture accumulate and set around the house, as well as its base. Moist wood is clearly an attractive site for termite dwelling.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Austin, TX so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil.
A competent infestation treatment company in Austin, TX is a team that is able to properly identify the problems discussed earlier. Hiring the services of professionals may be smarter, considering that the job requires a lot of crawling and creeping in the dirtiest and darkest portions of your home.
Our experts in Austin, TX keenly inspect the surfaces of the foundation, inside and out. You can expect our professionals in Austin, TX to thoroughly scrutinize both sides of the foundation of the surfaces.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- Openings in concrete masonry units, expansion contact points, brick structures and cemented areas.
- Areas of the house where stone and bricks meet wooden structures
- Old and moist wood around the house in the form of wood stumps, fences, disposed wood and window frames.
- All wooden spaces and areas of the house such as the basement, sills, frames, posts, joist, and piers.
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects. This kind of job is best left in the care of professionals.
Termite Control in Austin, TX
Solutions range from various chemical methods and applications in specific parts of the house and to manual extermination practices. When it comes to controlling these termites, only trust a company like Solution Pest Control, so you can rest assured by the thought that these annoying wood eaters will not bother you anymore. Get in touch with us today! Solution Pest Control in Austin, TX is your best bet in finding a competent and dedicated termite control company that should be able to guide you in properly inspecting your area in Austin, TX and performing effective treatment to your home. Contact us today to book an appointment in Austin, TX.
8500 Bluffstone Cove Ste B200
Austin , TX 78759
78745, 78753, 78741, 78758, 78704, 78744, 78759, 78748, 78749, 78705, 78723, 78727, 78750, 78731, 78702, 78757, 78703, 78752, 78717, 78724, 78739, 78751, 78735, 78746, 78721, 78726, 78747, 78754, 78617, 78729, 78730, 78701, 78756, 78722, 78736, 78653, 78660, 78732, 78652, 78712, 78725, 78733, 78742, 78610, 78613, 78641, 78664, 78681, 78710, 78719, 78728, 78734, 78737, 78738, 78798, 78799, 73301, 73344, 78772, 78773, 78774, 78778, 78779, 78780, 78781, 78783, 78785, 78786, 78788, 78789, 78708, 78709, 78711, 78713, 78714, 78715, 78716, 78718, 78720, 78755, 78760, 78761, 78762, 78763, 78764, 78765, 78766, 78767, 78768, 78769, 78660, 78664, 78634, 78653, 78691, 78664, 78681, 78665, 78728, 78626, 78628, 78634, 78660, 78717, 78682, 78680, 78683, 78613, 78641, 78726, 78681, 78717, 78750, 78630, 78626, 78628, 78633, 78665, 78627, 77840, 77845, 77801, 77802, 77807, 77843, 77841, 77842, 77844, 77803, 77802, 77801, 77807, 77808, 77840, 77845, 77805, 77806, 76502, 76504, 76501, 76513, 76557, 76579, 76508, 76503, 76505, 78666, 78655, 78656, 78667, 76549, 76542, 76543, 76541, 76544, 76548, 76571, 76545, 76546, 76540, 76547, 76706, 76708, 76710, 76707, 76712, 76704, 76711, 76705, 76657, 76701, 76798, 76633, 76655, 76638, 76640, 76643, 76795, 76797, 76799, 76702, 76703, 76714, 76715, 76716, 78130, 78132, 78135, 78131
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review