Professional Abilene, TX Exterminator: Expert Termite Control
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in Abilene, TX. Seeing signs such as small holes on the wood, buckling paint, and mud tunnels means that you need to get your home or your business inspected. Read through the following to find out more about the signs of these pesky bugs, and how you can find the best company for help in Abilene, TX.
3 Main Types
Before anything else, you will want to know that wood-eating bugs are generally of three kinds:
● Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in Abilene, TX. Because of their prevalence, the termite inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners. They feast on cellulose which can be found in wood and wood products, so it’s not surprising to know that 95% of damages in homes and office buildings annually are attributed to this kind of species.
Telltale Signs in Abilene, TX
There are accurate signs you can look for so that you can initially suspect a home or a structure to be plagued by wood termites.
Rather than fret over how they are able to get inside your home, know the following tell-tale signs that require the need for termite control so you can seek immediate help:
● Stains and blots in wood surfaces
● Traces of muddy or pungent odor
● Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
● Hollow areas of walls made from wood
● Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
● Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them.
To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood termite infestation.
Problematic Construction Practices
This is one of the major causes of termite infestation in homes in Abilene, TX. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these termites to eat their way inside your home.
The following are some faulty workmanship that leads to gradual or easy infestation of these annoying bugs:
● Drainage Issues: Drainage issues, such as insufficiently extended eaves or downspouts that are too short to accommodate the water from the foundation of your home, are problems that can lead to infestation. When the moisture created, infestation begins. Moisture is where these bugs love to thrive on. If there are faults in the grading of your landscape, the drainage can be insufficient, thus, increasing the possibility of infestation.
● Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and pests entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
● Leftover Building Materials: Did you know that sometimes leftover building materials, including wood materials, are backfilled into your porch, or slab area? This backfilling leaves a perfect source of cellulose, and a perfect home for these subterranean insects in Abilene, TX. Another problematic construction practice is to leave wood debris inside concrete masonry units or CMU’s; as well as leaving grade stakes, form boards, and spacers in the slab.
● Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in Abilene, TX, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these pests absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
Keeping moisture away from the foundation and structure of the house, as well as prevention of untreated contact points of soil and wooden parts of the house should be observed to prevent the settlement of termites in your house.
This helps prevent incidents in Abilene, TX that can cause moisture, because once moisture sets in, it will not be long before pests will invade your home.
Hiring the most competent company in that specializes in termite inspection in Abilene, TX is the best course of action in dealing with pest infestations.
Leave it to the professionals to wind through the dark and dirty spaces of your home.
As the inspection is conducted interior and exterior surfaces of the foundation are examined and any wood in the basement or crawlspace are examined.
Critical areas to be visited are:
● Structures made from concrete masonry units, cement, and bricks
● Wooden structures and foundations which include frames, posts, joists and sills.
● Areas where concrete materials contact wood
● Storage of wood pieces, tree parts and broken wood structures
Termite pros will look for discarded wings or swarms of termites which indicate their presence in a particular area.
Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection.
Termite Control in Abilene, TX
The accuracy of the termite inspection increases the chances of deciding the best pest control solution for the situation so that you only need to perform control procedures only once. Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. Solution Pest Control will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your pest problems in Abilene, TX. The cost of the services is dependent on your choice of treatment.
Abilene, TX 79603
Dallas, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Arlington, Garland, Richardson, Grapevine, Carrollton, Rowlett,Plano, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Allen, Fort Worth, Frisco, McKinney, Tyler, Longview, Wichita Falls,Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Amarillo, San Angelo, Waco
79605, 79603, 79601, 79606, 79602, 79607, 79563, 79699, 79697, 79698, 79604, 79608
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review