Reliable Tyler, TX Exterminator: Professional Termite Control
Small holes in the wood? Buckling paint? Mud tunnels? Just a few of the signs that you might have a need for a termite inspection in your Tyler, TX home or business. As with many things in life, knowledge is power! These signs can mean damage has already begun, in which case, the need for a termite inspection is imminent.
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termite are identified in Tyler, TX:
● Dry Wood
Among the three major types, the subterranean is the most common species of these wood-eating bugs in Tyler, TX. These subterranean termite are the culprits behind 95% of structural damages in homes made from wood because Cellulose taken from their ingestion and destruction of wood gives them their needed nutrients to survive and multiply. Subterranean termites are the most common, and they are often the cause of requests for termite control in Tyler, TX. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year.
Tell-tale Signs of Infestation
Some of the symptoms of a termite infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs.
You may find it unimaginable that creatures can silently creep into your home in Tyler, TX without you knowing it, causing irreversible damage.
Rather than fret over how they are able to get inside your home, know the following tell-tale signs that require the need for termite control so you can seek immediate help:
● Water damage-like appearance
● Hollow sounding wood
● Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
● Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
● Swollen floors and ceilings
● Slight moldy or musty smell
Having one or more of the signs above confirm a wood pest infestation in your home in Tyler, TX. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood pest infestation.
Problematic Construction Practices
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in Tyler, TX is troubling construction practices.
Even minor glitches in the manner of construction can provide the gateway for the wood eaters to creep in your home without anyone noticing it.
Some of the constructions faults that cause pest infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
● Drainage Issues: Drainage issues, such as insufficiently extended eaves or downspouts that are too short to accommodate the water from the foundation of your home, are problems that can lead to infestation. When the moisture created, infestation begins. Moisture is where these bugs love to thrive on. If there are faults in the grading of your landscape, the drainage can be insufficient, thus, increasing the possibility of infestation.
● Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Tyler, TX that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for pests to get in. In which case, termite control may be a necessity in the near future.
● Leftover Building Materials: Did you know that sometimes leftover building materials, including wood materials, are backfilled into your porch, or slab area? This backfilling leaves a perfect source of cellulose, and a perfect home for these subterranean insects in Tyler, TX. Another problematic construction practice is to leave wood debris inside concrete masonry units or CMU’s; as well as leaving grade stakes, form boards, and spacers in the slab.
● Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in Tyler, TX, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these pests absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Tyler, TX so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil. One is to prevent wood to get in contact with the soil as much as possible and two, have a good drainage system so the soil is left dry.
At this point, you probably have a good idea whether you need the services of a reputable company for termite inspection in Tyler, TX. When you have a termite inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these pests have invaded your area.
Other areas inspectors and home owners should look out for are the following:
● Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
● Spaces where wood structures are attached to
● All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
● All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
Termite pros will look for discarded wings or swarms of termites which indicate their presence in a particular area. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Termite Control Services in Tyler, TX
When it comes to controlling these pests, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices. Depending on your situation, treatment can range from chemical treatments to baiting practices. It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home.
Solution Pest Control
Tyler, TX 75703
Allen, Dallas, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Irving, Arlington, Garland, Richardson, Grapevine, Carrollton, Rowlett, Plano, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, McKinney, Tyler, Longview, Wichita Falls, Abilene, Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Amarillo, San Angelo, Waco
75701, 75703, 75702, 75707, 75709, 75704, 75705, 75706, 75708, 75762, 75791, 75798, 75799, 75710, 75711, 75712, 75713
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review