Professional Woodland, CA Exterminator: Expert Termite Control
Small holes in the wood? Buckling paint? Mud tunnels? Just a few of the signs that you might have a need for a termite inspection in your Woodland, CA home or business. Seeing signs such as small holes on the wood, buckling paint, and mud tunnels means that you need to get your home or your business inspected. These signs can mean damage has already begun, in which case, the need for a termite inspection is imminent.
3 Main Types
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termites are identified in Woodland, CA:
- Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in Woodland, CA is the subterranean breed. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year. Because of their prevalence, the termite inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners.
Telltale Signs in Woodland, CA
You’ve noticed a few signs that may indicate whether or not you have an infestation.
Among the other signs of such termite problems in Woodland, CA include the following:
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Swelling of ceilings and walls
- Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
- Small mud-like tunnels on wooden window frames and walls
- Smell of molds and murky water
- Small insects with wings flying and swarming around the nearest light source
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them.
To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood pest infestation.
Problematic Construction Practices
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in Woodland, CA is troubling construction practices. Below standard construction practices and methods undermine the ability of the house to properly safeguard itself against dilapidation and infiltration of not just wood bugs but other kinds of problems as well.
Some of the constructions faults that cause pest infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
- Drainage Issues: The grading of your Woodland, CA landscape can be faulty, leading to insufficient drainage of water away from your home. You may also have eaves that are insufficiently extended, or downspouts that are not long enough to carry run-off away from your home’s foundation. All of these elements lead to moisture along your foundation--an ideal home for these termites.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Woodland, CA that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for termites to get in. In which case, termite control may be a necessity in the near future.
- Storage of Wooden Materials: Wooden materials that are leftover from home construction in Woodland, CA might end up being irresponsibly stored around and inside houses. Materials carelessly accumulated near houses become breeding grounds of various insects that cause sickness and damage, including wood bugs. Termites also get their way inside walls and ceiling because of misplaced wooden materials such as form boards, grade stakes and spacers within slabs.
- Unguided Landscaping: Attention should be given to the landscaping effort around the house. The wrong grading of landscaping that involves gravel lets moisture accumulate and set around the house, as well as its base. Moist wood is clearly an attractive site for termite dwelling.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Woodland, CA so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil. Make sure you have a good drainage system that actually works.
Inspecting your House for Signs
Have your area inspected for termites and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in Woodland, CA that conducts reliable inspections. These professionals are able to do a thorough real estate termite inspection of in pest-prone areas of the house such as narrow crawl spaces, basements, and attics.
Spaces inside and areas outside the house should be given thorough visits by your chosen inspection company so that every breeding ground is identified and marked.
Other areas inspectors and home owners should look out for are the following:
- All wooden spaces and areas of the house such as the basement, sills, frames, posts, joist, and piers.
- Openings in concrete masonry units, expansion contact points, brick structures and cemented areas.
- Old and moist wood around the house in the form of wood stumps, fences, disposed wood and window frames.
- Areas of the house where stone and bricks meet wooden structures
An inspection will include looking for swarms or discarded wings. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection.
Termite Control in Woodland, CA
The cost of the services is dependent on your choice of treatment. Contact us today to book an appointment in Woodland, CA. Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in Woodland, CA.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review