Dependable Termite Control in Watsonville, CA : Professional Exterminator Services
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Rio Rancho, NM home or business. As with many things in life, knowledge is power! Seeing signs such as small holes on the wood, buckling paint, and mud tunnels means that you need to get your home or your business inspected. Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood bugs.
Main Species of Wood Termite
Termites come in three kinds:
- Dry Wood
Among the three major types, the subterranean is the most common species of these wood-eating insect in Watsonville, CA.
95% of walls, ceiling and other wood structures in the home are destroyed, thanks to the propagation of this species. Not surprising, most requests for termite control involve the subterranean bug.
Telltale Signs in Watsonville, CA
It takes a keen eye to detect signals that your home or office in Watsonville, CA is infested.
You may find it unimaginable that creatures can silently creep into your home in Watsonville, CA without you knowing it, causing irreversible damage.
The following are some of the signs you can easily observe from an infested house in Watsonville, CA :
- Stains and blots in wood surfaces
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
- Hollow areas of walls made from wood
- Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
- Traces of muddy or pungent odor
- Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
It is important to eliminate any signs of insects once you see them. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood bug infestation.
Home Construction Faults in Watsonville, CA
This is one of the major causes of pest infestation in homes in Watsonville, CA.A few simple mistakes during the construction of your home, can have a big impact on how easily these pests can access your Watsonville, CA home.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in Watsonville, CA:
- Drainage Issues: Eaves that are not sufficiently extended and downspouts that are too short are issues that need to be looked at when you are worried about infestation in your area. These pests love moisture, and faults in the drainage system allow for moisture to seep in. Faults in the grading of your landscape can lead to insufficient drainage, and thus must also be taken into consideration.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Watsonville, CA that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for pests to get in. In which case, bug control may be a necessity in the near future.
- Improper Disposal of Materials: After construction in Watsonville, CA, there are some builders who carelessly pile their leftover building materials in hidden areas, like the back of your house. Wooden materials left outside are prone to moisture and water seepage, which becomes a fertile breeding and survival ground for bugs. Wood leftovers, such as spacers, form boards and grade stakes, should never be stored anywhere inside concrete masonry units.
- Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in Watsonville, CA, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these insects absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Watsonville, CA so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil. One is to prevent wood to get in contact with the soil as much as possible and two, have a good drainage system so the soil is left dry.
There are companies that perform routine inspection and although you may want to do it yourself. These professionals are able to do a thorough real estate inspection of in pest-prone areas of the house such as narrow crawl spaces, basements, and attics.
As the inspection is conducted interior and exterior surfaces of the foundation are examined and any wood in the basement or crawlspace are examined. We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- Areas where concrete materials contact wood
- Wooden structures and foundations which include frames, posts, joists and sills.
- Structures made from concrete masonry units, cement, and bricks
- Storage of wood pieces, tree parts and broken wood structures
Discarded wings or swarms indicate the presence of insects, and our team of busters will be looking for these, as well. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection. This kind of job is best left in the care of professionals.
Effective Termite Control in Watsonville, CA
Depending on your situation, treatment can range from chemical treatments to baiting practices. Effective control of the wood-eating termite in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. It is always best to discuss best control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as SolutionPestControl in Watsonville, CA.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review