Professional Turlock, CA Exterminator: Expert Termite Control
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Turlock, CA home or business. Seeing signs such as small holes on the wood, buckling paint, and mud tunnels means that you need to get your home or your business inspected. Read through the following to find out more about the signs of these pesky bugs, and how you can find the best company for help in Turlock, CA.
3 Main Types
There are 3 types of these wood-eating bugs in the Turlock, CA area and they include the following:
- Dry Wood
The most common type is subterranean. The reason for so much damage in Turlock, CA is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose. Not surprising, most requests for termite control involve the subterranean bug. Wood is the main food of these annoying bugs because the material contains cellulose, which is the component they use for survival and reproduction.
Infestation Symptoms in Turlock, CA
It takes a keen eye to detect signals that your home or office in Turlock, CA is infested. You may find it unimaginable that creatures can silently creep into your home in Turlock, CA without you knowing it, causing irreversible damage.
Rather than fret over how they are able to get inside your home, know the following tell-tale signs that require the need for termite control so you can seek immediate help:
- Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them.
Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices Turlock, CA
Annoying infestation problems in Turlock, CA are often the result of faults in construction. Problematic habits and practices during the construction phase of the house can easily cause major complications in the integrity of the house against wood-eating bugs.
Some of the constructions faults that cause pest infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
- Drainage Issues: Eaves that are not sufficiently extended and downspouts that are too short are issues that need to be looked at when you are worried about infestation in your area. These termites love moisture, and faults in the drainage system allow for moisture to seep in. Faults in the grading of your landscape can lead to insufficient drainage, and thus must also be taken into consideration.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Turlock, CA that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for termites to get in. In which case, termite control may be a necessity in the near future.
- Improper Disposal of Materials: After construction in Turlock, CA, there are some builders who carelessly pile their leftover building materials in hidden areas, like the back of your house. Wooden materials left outside are prone to moisture and water seepage, which becomes a fertile breeding and survival ground for termites. Wood leftovers, such as spacers, form boards and grade stakes, should never be stored anywhere inside concrete masonry units.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Turlock, CA. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Turlock, CA is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these termites, as we know, just love moisture.
As you can see, when it comes to protecting your Turlock, CA home against wood damage, you must mitigate the soil to wood contact as well as ensure proper drainage to keep the soil by your foundation as dry as possible.
At this point, you probably have a good idea whether you need the services of a reputable company for termite inspection in Turlock, CA. Your hired help should be able to properly inspect your house in Turlock, CA by visiting hard-to-enter places such as dirty and narrow crawl spaces, cavities in house foundations and other dark and moist areas for a detailed assessment of your infestation problem.
As the inspection is conducted interior and exterior surfaces of the foundation are examined and any wood in the basement or crawlspace are examined.
Additionally, these other points may be inspected:
- Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- Spaces where wood structures are joined
Discarded wings or swarms indicate the presence of termites, and our team of busters will be looking for these, as well. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Turlock, CA help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation.
Effective Termite Control in Turlock, CA
It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in Turlock, CA. When it comes to controlling these termites, only trust a company like Solution Pest Control, so you can rest assured by the thought that these annoying wood eaters will not bother you anymore. Get in touch with us today! It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review