Dependable Termite Control in Sunnyvale, CA: Professional Exterminator Services
If you recently noticed small water-like blots on your wooden walls, having the right information on how to properly conduct a real estate termite inspection in Sunnyvale, CA is the key to solving your problem. One or more of these signs indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings. Helpful details and tips are discussed below on what signs to look out for bug infestation.
3 Main Types
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termites are identified in Sunnyvale, CA:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean kind is the most common of the three, and one that you will often found in Sunnyvale, CA. These subterranean insects are the culprits behind 95% of structural damages in homes made from wood because Cellulose taken from their ingestion and destruction of wood gives them their needed nutrients to survive and multiply. They feast on cellulose which can be found in wood and wood products, so it’s not surprising to know that 95% of damages in homes and office buildings annually are attributed to this kind of species.
Infestation Symptoms in Sunnyvale, CA
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in Sunnyvale, CA is infested with insects.
Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it. The telltale signs that normally accompany these bad boys in Sunnyvale, CA homes are:
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Hollow sounding wood
- Moldy or musty smell
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Swarms: Winged insects from swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Water damage-like appearance
Having one or more of the signs above confirm a wood bug infestation in your home in Sunnyvale, CA. Being aware of how they ended up creating a breeding ground in your homes will help you in tracing possible sources of infiltration and prevent further damage to your property.
Home Construction Faults in Sunnyvale, CA
Annoying infestation problems in Sunnyvale, CA are often the result of faults in construction. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these to eat their way inside your home.
Some of the constructions faults that cause termite infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
- Drainage Issues: Drainage issues, such as insufficiently extended eaves or downspouts that are too short to accommodate the water from the foundation of your home, are problems that can lead to infestation. When the moisture created, infestation begins. Moisture is where these bugs love to thrive on. If there are faults in the grading of your landscape, the drainage can be insufficient, thus, increasing the possibility of infestation.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood buried in or even near the edge of your soil, you’ve given a solid and direct pathway for these termites to enter your home and this might lead to a need for termite control.
- Improper Disposal of Materials: After construction in Sunnyvale, CA, there are some builders who carelessly pile their leftover building materials in hidden areas, like the back of your house. Wooden materials left outside are prone to moisture and water seepage, which becomes a fertile breeding and survival ground for termites. Wood leftovers, such as spacers, form boards and grade stakes, should never be stored anywhere inside concrete masonry units.
- Landscaping: While troublesome landscaping might not fall under a lack of care practice when considering construction in Sunnyvale, CA, it definitely can be problematic if not graded correctly. You also send an invitation to these creatures when mulch or gravel is spread against the building’s foundation. This practice allows moisture to be held against the foundation, creating a prime habitat for living and foraging.
Keeping moisture away from the foundation and structure of the house, as well as prevention of untreated contact points of soil and wooden parts of the house should be observed to prevent the settlement of insects in your house.
At this point, you probably have a good idea whether you need the services of a reputable company for insect inspection in Sunnyvale, CA. Leave it to the professionals to wind through the dark and dirty spaces of your home.
Spaces inside and areas outside the house should be given thorough visits by your chosen inspection company so that every breeding ground is identified and marked. The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- Spaces where wood structures are joined
- All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
Our experts in Sunnyvale, CA should also inspect on signs of swarm breeding or shed insect wings. Termite inspection does seem like hard work and is best left to the professionals in Sunnyvale, CA. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Termite Control in Sunnyvale, CA
If you are working on your budget, you may be interested to find out how much you will be paying for termite control services in Sunnyvale, CA. The cost of the services is dependent on your choice of treatment. The accuracy of the termite inspection increases the chances of deciding the best termite control solution for the situation so that you only need to perform control procedures only once.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review