Reliable Santa Cruz, CA Exterminator: Professional Termite Control
Small holes in the wood? Buckling paint? Mud tunnels? Just a few of the signs that you might have a need for a termite inspection in your Santa Cruz, CA home or business. Read on to learn more about the signs of infestation and how you can contact the right company in Santa Cruz, CA. It is important to hire the best termite control company in Santa Cruz, CA to ensure the best results.
Main Species of Wood Bugs
There are 3 types of these wood-eating bugs in the Santa Cruz, CA area and they include the following:
- Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in Santa Cruz, CA is the subterranean breed. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Santa Cruz, CA area, and the one most requested for termite control. The reason for so much damage in Santa Cruz, CA is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose.
Tell-tale Signs of Infestation
It takes a keen eye to detect signals that your home or office in Santa Cruz, CA is infested.
Among the other signs of such termites problems in [City] include the following:
- Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
- Stains and blots in wood surfaces
- Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
- Hollow areas of walls made from wood
- Traces of muddy or pungent odor
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
Having one or more of the signs above confirm a wood infestation in your home in Santa Cruz, CA. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted insects but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices in Santa Cruz, CA
Annoying infestation problems in Santa Cruz, CA are often the result of faults in construction. A few simple mistakes during the construction of your home, can have a big impact on how easily these termites can access your [CITY] home.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in Santa Cruz, CA:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of bugs. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in Santa Cruz, CA prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
- Leftover Building Materials: Remember that subterranean bugs take their nourishment from cellulose, and cellulose can be contained in back-filled construction debris, especially wood. This also goes to say that wood left in CMUs or masonry units can be infested, and so can leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs.
- Landscaping: While troublesome landscaping might not fall under a lack of care practice when considering construction in Santa Cruz, CA, it definitely can be problematic if not graded correctly. You also send an invitation to these creatures when mulch or gravel is spread against the building’s foundation. This practice allows moisture to be held against the foundation, creating a prime habitat for living and foraging.
To summarize, in order to ensure your house in Santa Cruz, CA is defended against wood insects deterioration, wood should be terminated properly so that it does not come into contact with soil, drainage installation should be sound, and wooden structures should be moisture-free all the time.
A competent infestation treatment company in Santa Cruz, CA is a team that is able to properly identify the problems discussed earlier. When you have a professional inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
Spaces inside and areas outside the house should be given thorough visits by your chosen inspection company so that every breeding ground is identified and marked.
Additionally, these other points may be inspected:
- Areas where concrete materials contact wood
- Structures made from concrete masonry units, cement, and bricks
- Storage of wood pieces, tree parts and broken wood structures
- Wooden structures and foundations which include frames, posts, joists and sills.
An inspection will include looking for swarms or discarded wings. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Santa Cruz, CA help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation.
Termite Control Services in Santa Cruz, CA
Available control and treatment methods have their own distinct effectiveness and extent of coverage which are proportional to their prices. The rate for chemical treatments in Santa Cruz, CA is not the same as the rate for baiting practices, and the success rate also varies. SolutionTermitesControl will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your termites problems in Santa Cruz, CA. The accuracy of the termite inspection increases the chances of deciding the best termites control solution for the situation so that you only need to perform control procedures only once.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review