Professional San Ramon, CA Exterminator: Expert Termite Control
Small holes in the wood? Buckling paint? Mud tunnels? Just a few of the signs that you might have a need for a termite inspection in your San Ramon, CA home or business. Helpful details and tips are discussed below on what signs to look out for bug infestation. Find out more about infestation, and how you can communicate with a reliable company who can help you with the problem.
3 Main Types
Before anything else, you will want to know that wood-eating bugs are generally of three kinds:
- Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in San Ramon, CA is the subterranean breed. Subterranean termites are the most common, and they are often the cause of requests for termite control in San Ramon, CA. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year. The reason for so much damage in San Ramon, CA is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose.
Infestation Symptoms in San Ramon, CA
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in San Ramon, CA is infected with termites.
Among the other signs of such pest problems in San Ramon, CA include the following:
- Water damage-like appearance
- Traces of muddy or pungent odor
- Stains and blots in wood surfaces
- Swelling of ceilings and walls
- Hollow sounding wood
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood pest infestation.
Problematic Construction Practices in San Ramon, CA
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in San Ramon, CA is troubling construction practices. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these termites to eat their way inside your home.
Be smart to know about some issues that these termites find all too welcoming for comfort:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of termites. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and termites entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
- Leftover Building Materials: Remember that subterranean bugs take their nourishment from cellulose, and cellulose can be contained in back-filled construction debris, especially wood. This also goes to say that wood left in CMUs or masonry units can be infested, and so can leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs.
- Unguided Landscaping: Attention should be given to the landscaping effort around the house. The wrong grading of landscaping that involves gravel lets moisture accumulate and set around the house, as well as its base. Moist wood is clearly an attractive site for termite dwelling.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in San Ramon, CA so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil. Make sure you have a good drainage system that actually works. This helps prevent incidents in San Ramon, CA that can cause moisture, because once moisture sets in, it will not be long before termites will invade your home.
Inspecting your House for Signs
Have your area inspected for termites and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in San Ramon, CA that conducts reliable inspections. When you have a termite inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
Our experts in San Ramon, CA keenly inspect the surfaces of the foundation, inside and out. As the inspection is conducted interior and exterior surfaces of the foundation are examined and any wood in the basement or crawlspace are examined.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- All wooden spaces and areas of the house such as the basement, sills, frames, posts, joist, and piers.
- Openings in concrete masonry units, expansion contact points, brick structures and cemented areas.
- Old and moist wood around the house in the form of wood stumps, fences, disposed wood and window frames.
- Areas of the house where stone and bricks meet wooden structures
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects.
Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection.
Termite Control in San Ramon, CA
When it comes to controlling these termites, only trust a company like Solution Pest Control, so you can rest assured by the thought that these annoying wood eaters will not bother you anymore. Get in touch with us today! Solution Pest Control will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your pest problems in San Ramon, CA.
San Ramon, CA 94582
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review