Dependable Termite Control in San Mateo, CA: Professional Exterminator Services
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in San Mateo, CA. As with many things in life, knowledge is power! Helpful details and tips are discussed below on what signs to look out for bug infestation.
Types of Wood Termites in San Mateo, CA
These house termites are generally group into three major types, which are:
- Dry Wood
Among the three major types, the subterranean is the most common species of these wood-eating bugs in San Mateo, CA. 95% of walls, ceiling and other wood structures in the home are destroyed, thanks to the propagation of this species. Not surprising, most requests for pest control involve the subterranean bug.
Telltale Signs in San Mateo, CA
It takes a keen eye to detect signals that your home or office in San Mateo, CA is infested.
Rather than fret over how they are able to get inside your home, know the following tell-tale signs that require the need for termite control so you can seek immediate help:
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
- Slight moldy or musty smell
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Swollen floors and ceilings
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices San Mateo, CA
Erroneous construction practices in San Mateo, CA are often the culprit why there are infestation problems. A few simple mistakes during the construction of your home, can have a big impact on how easily these termites can access your San Mateo, CA home.
Be smart to know about some issues that these termites find all too welcoming for comfort:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in San Mateo, CA when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood termites to thrive in.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood buried in or even near the edge of your soil, you’ve given a solid and direct pathway for these pests to enter your home and this might lead to a need for termite control.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are back-filled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these pests infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these pests.
- Unguided Landscaping: Attention should be given to the landscaping effort around the house. The wrong grading of landscaping that involves gravel lets moisture accumulate and set around the house, as well as its base. Moist wood is clearly an attractive site for termite dwelling.
As you can see, when it comes to protecting your San Mateo, CA home against wood damage, you must mitigate the soil to wood contact as well as ensure proper drainage to keep the soil by your foundation as dry as possible. Make sure you have a good drainage system that actually works.
A competent infestation treatment company in San Mateo, CA is a team that is able to properly identify the problems discussed earlier. When you have a termite inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these pests have invaded your area. We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- Spaces where wood structures are joined
- All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects. Termite inspection does seem like hard work and is best left to the professionals in San Mateo, CA.
Termite Control in San Mateo, CA
Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. Solution Pest Control in San Mateo, CA is your best bet in finding a competent and dedicated termite control company that should be able to guide you in properly inspecting your area in San Mateo, CA and performing effective treatment to your home.
San Mateo, CA 94403
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
94403, 94401, 94402, 94404, 94497
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review