Reliable San Jose, CA Exterminator: Professional Termite Control
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in San Jose, CA. As with many things in life, knowledge is power! Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood termites.
3 Main Types
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termites are identified in San Jose:
- Dry Wood
The most common type is subterranean. Subterranean termites are the most common, and they are often the cause of requests for pest control in San Jose, CA. The reason for so much damage in San Jose, CA is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose.
Telltale Signs in San Jose, CA
Some of the symptoms of an infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs. Among the other signs of such pest problems in San Jose, CA include the following:
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
- Traces of muddy or pungent odor
- Stains and blots in wood surfaces
- Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
- Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
- Hollow areas of walls made from wood
It is important to eliminate any signs of insect once you see them. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted bugs but also prevent them from spreading even further.
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in San Jose, CA is troubling construction practices. Problematic habits and practices during the construction phase of the house can easily cause major complications in the integrity of the house against wood-eating bugs.
Some of the biggest facets of problematic construction that can lead to an infestation include the following:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of insects. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and insects entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
- Leftover Building Materials: Did you know that sometimes leftover building materials, including wood materials, are backfilled into your porch, or slab area? This backfilling leaves a perfect source of cellulose, and a perfect home for these subterranean insects in San Jose, CA. Another problematic construction practice is to leave wood debris inside concrete masonry units or CMU’s; as well as leaving grade stakes, form boards, and spacers in the slab.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in San Jose, CA. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in San Jose, CA is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these bugs, as we know, just love moisture.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in San Jose, CA so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil.
Hiring the most competent company in that specializes in termite inspection in San Jose, CA is the best course of action in dealing with pest infestations.Your hired help should be able to properly inspect your house in San Jose, CA by visiting hard-to-enter places such as dirty and narrow crawl spaces, cavities in house foundations and other dark and moist areas for a detailed assessment of your infestation problem.
You can expect our professionals in San Jose, CA to thoroughly scrutinize both sides of the foundation of the surfaces. We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- Storage of wood pieces, tree parts and broken wood structures
- Wooden structures and foundations which include frames, posts, joists and sills.
- Structures made from concrete masonry units, cement, and bricks
- Areas where concrete materials contact wood
Termite pros will look for discarded wings or swarms of insects which indicate their presence in a particular area. Home inspection bug problems may happen if you plan on doing this by yourself, so it is still best to hire professional help in looking for symptoms of pest infestation.
Termite Control Services in San Jose, CA
SolutionPestControl will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your pest problems in San Jose, CA. Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home. Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough routine inspection.
Solution Pest Control
San Jose, CA 95123
95123, 95111, 95122, 95112, 95116, 95125, 95148, 95124, 95136, 95132, 95129, 95121, 95127, 95120, 95118, 95126, 95117, 95128, 95131, 95133, 95135, 95110, 95138, 95134, 95130, 95119, 95008, 95139, 95014, 95113, 94089, 95032, 95035, 95037, 95050, 95054, 95070, 95101, 95140, 95141, 95190, 95191, 95192, 95193, 95194, 95196, 95002, 95013, 95103, 95106, 95108, 95109, 95115, 95150, 95151, 95152, 95153, 95154, 95155, 95156, 95157, 95158, 95159, 95160, 95161, 95164, 95170, 95172, 95173
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review