Trustworthy Salinas, CA Exterminator: Specialized Termite Control
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in Salinas, CA. It is important to hire the best bug control company in Salinas, CA to ensure the best results. One or more of these signs
indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings.
3 Main Types
There are 3 types of these wood-eating bugs in the Salinas, CA area and they include the following:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating insects in Albuquerque, NM. 95% of walls, ceiling and other wood structures in the home are destroyed, thanks to the propagation of this species. Wood is the main food of these annoying bugs because the material contains cellulose, which is the component they use for survival and reproduction.
Tell-tale Signs of Infestation
You’ve noticed a few signs that may indicate whether or not you have an infestation. Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky insects before you can even realize it.
Among the other signs of such bugs problems in Salinas, CA include the following:
- Slight moldy or musty smell
- Hollow sounding wood
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swarms: Winged insects from swarming tubes next to the structure
and attraction to the light.
Any signs of infestation is best dealt with immediately.
Being aware of how they ended up creating a breeding ground in your homes will help you in tracing possible sources of infiltration and prevent further damage to your property.
Problematic Construction Practices
Poor construction habits and practices of home builders and renovators are the leading cause of bug problems in houses in Salinas, CA. Even minor glitches in the manner of construction can provide the gateway for the wood eaters to creep in your home without anyone noticing it.
Some of the constructions faults that cause insect infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
- Drainage Issues: Eaves that are not sufficiently extended and downspouts that are too short are issues that need to be looked at when you are worried about infestation in your area. These insects love moisture, and faults in the drainage system allow for moisture to seep in. Faults in the
grading of your landscape can lead to insufficient drainage, and thus must also
be taken into consideration.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Salinas, CA that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for bug to get in. In which case, it may be a necessity in the
- Improper Disposal of Materials: After construction in Salinas, CA, there are some builders who carelessly pile their leftover building materials in hidden areas, like the back of your house. Wooden materials left outside are prone to moisture and water seepage, which becomes a fertile breeding and survival ground for insect. Wood leftovers, such as spacers, form boards and grade stakes, should never be stored anywhere inside concrete masonry units.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Albuquerque, NM. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Salinas, CA is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these insect, as we know, just love moisture.
Keeping moisture away from the foundation and structure of the house, as well as prevention of untreated contact points of soil and wooden parts of the house should be observed to prevent the settlement of bugs in your house.
Inspecting your House for Signs
There are companies that perform termite inspection and although you may want to do it yourself.
Your hired help should be able to properly inspect your house in Salinas, CA by visiting hard-to-enter places such as dirty and narrow crawl spaces,cavities in house foundations and other dark and moist areas for a detailed assessment of your infestation problem.
You can expect our professionals in Salinas, CA to thoroughly scrutinize both sides of the foundation of the surfaces. We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the
parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- They may also inspect scrap wood around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cracks in cement
- Spaces where a porch, steps, or slabs join with wood structures
- All wooden portions of the foundation and lower level of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and
piers, and joists
Discarded wings or swarms indicate the presence of insects, and our team of busters will be looking for these, as well. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Salinas, CA help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation.
Termite Control in Salinas, CA
Contact us today to book an appointment in Salinas, CA. If you are working on your budget, you may be interested to find out how much you will be paying for termite control services in Salinas, CA.Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the insects that have invaded your home.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review