Trustworthy Richmond, CA Exterminator: Specialized Termite Control
Small holes in the wood? Buckling paint? Mud tunnels? Just a few of the signs that you might have a need for a termite inspection in your Richmond, CA home or business. Helpful details and tips are discussed below on what signs to look out for bug infestation. One or more of these signs indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings.
Main Species of Wood Bugs
These house termites are generally group into three major types, which are:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in Richmond, CA. They feast on cellulose which can be found in wood and wood products, so it’s not surprising to know that 95% of damages in homes and office buildings annually are attributed to this kind of species. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Richmond, CA area, and the one most requested for termite control.
Telltale Signs in Richmond, CA
You’ve noticed a few signs that may indicate whether or not you have an infestation.
Don’t allow these termites to take control of your home; rather, be mindful of the following signals that warrant termite control right away:
- Stains and blots in wood surfaces
- Hollow sounding wood
- Hollow sounding wood
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood pest infestation.
Home Construction Faults in Richmond, CA
Erroneous construction practices in Richmond, CA are often the culprit why there are infestation problems. Even minor glitches in the manner of construction can provide the gateway for the wood eaters to creep in your home without anyone noticing it.
Some of the biggest facets of problematic construction that can lead to an infestation include the following:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in Richmond, CA when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood termites to thrive in.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Richmond, CA that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for termites to get in. In which case, termite control may be a necessity in the near future.
- Storage of Wooden Materials: Wooden materials that are leftover from home construction in Richmond, CA might end up being irresponsibly stored around and inside houses. Materials carelessly accumulated near houses become breeding grounds of various insects that cause sickness and damage, including wood bugs. Termites also get their way inside walls and ceiling because of misplaced wooden materials such as form boards, grade stakes and spacers within slabs.
- Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in Richmond, CA, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these termites absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Richmond, CA so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil.
At this point, you probably have a good idea whether you need the services of a reputable company for termite inspection in Richmond, CA. Leave it to the professionals to wind through the dark and dirty spaces of your home.
Spaces inside and areas outside the house should be given thorough visits by your chosen inspection company so that every breeding ground is identified and marked.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- Spaces where wood structures are joined
- All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
Discarded wings or swarms indicate the presence of termites, and our team of busters will be looking for these, as well. Home inspection termite problems may happen if you plan on doing this by yourself, so it is still best to hire professional help in looking for symptoms of pest infestation. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Termite Control in Richmond, CA
It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in Richmond, CA. When it comes to controlling these termites, only trust a company like Solution Pest Control, so you can rest assured by the thought that these annoying wood eaters will not bother you anymore. Get in touch with us today! Contact us today to book an appointment in Richmond, CA.
Richmond, CA 94804
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
94804, 94801, 94805, 94850, 94802, 94807, 94808
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review