Reliable Rancho Cordova, CA Exterminator: Professional Termite Control
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Rancho Cordova, CA home or business. Read on to learn more about the signs of termite infestation and how you can contact the right company in Rancho Cordova, CA. These signs can mean damage has already begun, in which case, the need for a termite inspection is imminent.
3 Main Types
Before anything else, you will want to know that wood-eating bugs are generally of three kinds:
- Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in Rancho Cordova, CA is the subterranean breed. Not surprising, most requests for pest control involve the subterranean bug. 95% of walls, ceiling and other wood structures in the home are destroyed, thanks to the propagation of this species.
Tell-tale Signs of Infestation
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in Rancho Cordova, CA is infected with termites. Don’t allow these termites to take control of your home; rather, be mindful of the following signals that warrant termite control right away:
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
- Water damage-like appearance
- Traces of muddy or pungent odor
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them. Being aware of how they ended up creating a breeding ground in your homes will help you in tracing possible sources of infiltration and prevent further damage to your property.
Problematic Construction Practices
This is one of the major causes of pest infestation in homes in Rancho Cordova, CA. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these termites to eat their way inside your home.
Some of the constructions faults that cause pest infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in Rancho Cordova, CA when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood termites to thrive in.
- Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in Rancho Cordova, CA prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
- Storage of Wooden Materials: Wooden materials that are leftover from home construction in Rancho Cordova, CA might end up being irresponsibly stored around and inside houses. Materials carelessly accumulated near houses become breeding grounds of various insects that cause sickness and damage, including wood bugs. Termites also get their way inside walls and ceiling because of misplaced wooden materials such as form boards, grade stakes and spacers within slabs.
- Unguided Landscaping: Attention should be given to the landscaping effort around the house. The wrong grading of landscaping that involves gravel lets moisture accumulate and set around the house, as well as its base. Moist wood is clearly an attractive site for termite dwelling.
If you cannot avoid construction works or landscaping jobs in Rancho Cordova, CA, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the possibility infestation. This helps prevent incidents in Rancho Cordova, CA that can cause moisture, because once moisture sets in, it will not be long before termites will invade your home.
Inspecting your House for Signs
There are companies that perform termite inspection and although you may want to do it yourself. Your hired help should be able to properly inspect your house in Rancho Cordova, CA by visiting hard-to-enter places such as dirty and narrow crawl spaces, cavities in house foundations and other dark and moist areas for a detailed assessment of your infestation problem.
You can expect our professionals in Rancho Cordova, CA to thoroughly scrutinize both sides of the foundation of the surfaces.
We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- They may also inspect scrap wood around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cracks in cement
- Spaces where a porch, steps, or slabs join with wood structures
- All wooden portions of the foundation and lower level of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
Our experts in Rancho Cordova, CA should also inspect on signs of swarm breeding or shed insect wings. Home inspection termite problems may happen if you plan on doing this by yourself, so it is still best to hire professional help in looking for symptoms of pest infestation.
Termite Control in Rancho Cordova, CA
The cost will depend on the type of treatment used. If you are working on your budget, you may be interested to find out how much you will be paying for termite control services in Rancho Cordova, CA. Available control and treatment methods have their own distinct effectiveness and extent of coverage which are proportional to their prices.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review