Dependable Termite Control in Pleasanton, CA: Professional Exterminator Services
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in Pleasanton, CA. One or more of these signs indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings. Find out more about infestation, and how you can communicate with a reliable company who can help you with the problem.
3 Main Types
Termites come in three kinds:
- Dry Wood
Among the three major types, the subterranean is the most common species of these wood-eating bugs in Pleasanton, CA. Wood is the main food of these annoying bugs because the material contains cellulose, which is the component they use for survival and reproduction. Because of their prevalence, the pest inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Pleasanton, CA area, and the one most requested for termite control.
Telltale Signs in Pleasanton, CA
You’ve noticed a few signs that may indicate whether or not you have an infestation. Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it.
Don’t allow these termites to take control of your home; rather, be mindful of the following signals that warrant termite control right away:
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Small insects with wings flying and swarming around the nearest light source
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Water damage-like appearance
- Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
Any signs of infestation is best dealt with immediately. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood pest infestation.
Problematic Construction Practices in Pleasanton, CA
This is one of the major causes of pest infestation in homes in Pleasanton, CA. Problematic habits and practices during the construction phase of the house can easily cause major complications in the integrity of the house against wood-eating bugs.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in Pleasanton, CA:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in Pleasanton, CA when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood termites to thrive in.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood buried in or even near the edge of your soil, you’ve given a solid and direct pathway for these termites to enter your home and this might lead to a need for termite control.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are back-filled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these termites infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these pests.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Pleasanton, CA. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Pleasanton, CA is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these pests, as we know, just love moisture.
If you cannot avoid construction works or landscaping jobs in Pleasanton, CA, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the possibility infestation. One is to prevent wood to get in contact with the soil as much as possible and two, have a good drainage system so the soil is left dry.
At this point, you probably have a good idea whether you need the services of a reputable company for termite inspection in Pleasanton, CA.
When you have a termite inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
Every nook and cranny of your home in Pleasanton, CA is scoured and visited in order to perform a detailed assessment of the structure of the house. The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- All wooden portions of the foundation and lower level of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- They may also inspect scrap wood around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- Spaces where a porch, steps, or slabs join with wood structures
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cracks in cement
Termite pros will look for discarded wings or swarms of termites which indicate their presence in a particular area. Home inspection termite problems may happen if you plan on doing this by yourself, so it is still best to hire professional help in looking for symptoms of pest infestation.
Termite Control in Pleasanton, CA
Available control and treatment methods have their own distinct effectiveness and extent of coverage which are proportional to their prices. The cost of the services is dependent on your choice of treatment. It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in Pleasanton, CA.
Plesanton, CA 94566
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review