Trustworthy Palo Alto, CA Exterminator: Specialized Termite Control
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Palo Alto, CA home or business. These signs can mean damage has already begun, in which case, the need for a termite inspection is imminent. Helpful details and tips are discussed below on what signs to look out for bug infestation.
3 Main Types
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood insects are identified in Palo Alto, CA:
- Dry Wood
The most common type is subterranean. They feast on cellulose which can be found in wood and wood products, so it’s not surprising to know that 95% of damages in homes and office buildings annually are attributed to this kind of species. The subterranean is the most frequently reported kind of these termites for extermination.
Telltale Signs in Palo Alto, CA
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in Palo Alto, CA is infested with bugs. Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it. Rather than fret over how they are able to get inside your home, know the following tell-tale signs that require the need for the control so you can seek immediate help:
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swarms: Winged insects from swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Hollow sounding wood
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Slight moldy or musty smell
If you see any or all of these signs, you need insect control in Palo Alto, CA. To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood pest infestation.
Problematic Construction Practices Palo Alto, CA
Poor construction habits and practices of home builders and renovators are the leading cause of pest problems in houses in Palo Alto, CA.Below standard construction practices and methods undermine the ability of the house to properly safeguard itself against dilapidation and infiltration of not just wood bugs but other kinds of problems as well.
Some of the biggest facets of problematic construction that can lead to an infestation include the following:
- Drainage Issues: Eaves that are not sufficiently extended and downspouts that are too short are issues that need to be looked at when you are worried about infestation in your area. These insects love moisture, and faults in the drainage system allow for moisture to seep in. Faults in the grading of your landscape can lead to insufficient drainage, and thus must also be taken into consideration.
- Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and pests entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
- Storage of Wooden Materials: Wooden materials that are leftover from home construction in Palo Alto, CA might end up being irresponsibly stored around and inside houses. Materials carelessly accumulated near houses become breeding grounds of various insects that cause sickness and damage, including wood bugs. Insects also get their way inside walls and ceiling because of misplaced wooden materials such as form boards, grade stakes and spacers within slabs.
- Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in Palo Alto, CA, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these pests absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Palo Alto, CA so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil.
Have your area inspected for insects and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in Palo Alto, CA that conducts reliable inspections. Hiring the services of professionals may be smarter, considering that the job requires a lot of crawling and creeping in the dirtiest and darkest portions of your home.
Every nook and cranny of your home in Palo Alto, CA is scoured and visited in order to perform a detailed assessment of the structure of the house. Other areas inspectors and homeowners should look out for are the following:
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- Spaces where wood structures are attached to
Discarded wings or swarms indicate the presence of insects, and our team of busters will be looking for these, as well. Termite inspection does seem like hard work and is best left to the professionals in Palo Alto, CA.
Termite Control in Palo Alto, CA
Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. The accuracy of the t inspection increases the chances of deciding the best pest control solution for the situation so that you only need to perform control procedures only once. If you are working on your budget, you may be interested to find out how much you will be paying for termite control services in Palo Alto, CA The cost will depend on the type of treatment used.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review