Your Termite Control Guide from the Best Oakland, CA Exterminator in Oakland, CA
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in Oakland, CA. Read through the following to find out more about the signs of these pesky bugs, and how you can find the best company for help in Oakland, CA. Helpful details and tips are discussed below on what signs to look out for bug infestation. Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood termites.
3 Main Types
Termites come in three kinds:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean kind is the most common of the three, and one that you will often found in Oakland, CA. Subterranean termites are the most common, and they are often the cause of requests for pest control in Oakland, CA. These subterranean termites are the culprits behind 95% of structural damages in homes made from wood because Cellulose taken from their ingestion and destruction of wood gives them their needed nutrients to survive and multiply.
Telltale Signs in Oakland, CA
There are accurate signs you can look for so that you can initially suspect a home or a structure to be plagued by wood termites.
Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it.
Rather than fret over how they are able to get inside your home, know the following tell-tale signs that require the need for termite control so you can seek immediate help:
- Hollow sounding wood
- Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
- Stains and blots in wood surfaces
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
- Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted pests but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Home Construction Faults in Oakland, CA
Annoying infestation problems in Oakland, CA are often the result of faults in construction. Below standard construction practices and methods undermine the ability of the house to properly safeguard itself against dilapidation and infiltration of not just wood bugs but other kinds of problems as well.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in Oakland, CA:
- Drainage Issues: Eaves that are not sufficiently extended and downspouts that are too short are issues that need to be looked at when you are worried about infestation in your area. These pests love moisture, and faults in the drainage system allow for moisture to seep in. Faults in the grading of your landscape can lead to insufficient drainage, and thus must also be taken into consideration.
- Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and pests entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
- Storage of Wooden Materials: Wooden materials that are leftover from home construction in Oakland, CA might end up being irresponsibly stored around and inside houses. Materials carelessly accumulated near houses become breeding grounds of various insects that cause sickness and damage, including wood bugs. Termites also get their way inside walls and ceiling because of misplaced wooden materials such as form boards, grade stakes and spacers within slabs.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Oakland, CA. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Oakland, CA is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these pests, as we know, just love moisture.
As you can see, when it comes to protecting your Oakland, CA home against wood damage, you must mitigate the soil to wood contact as well as ensure proper drainage to keep the soil by your foundation as dry as possible. This helps prevent incidents in Oakland, CA that can cause moisture, because once moisture sets in, it will not be long before pests will invade your home.
There are companies that perform termite inspection and although you may want to do it yourself. These professionals are able to do a thorough real estate termite inspection of in pest-prone areas of the house such as narrow crawl spaces, basements, and attics.
As the inspection is conducted interior and exterior surfaces of the foundation are examined and any wood in the basement or crawlspace are examined. We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- Areas where concrete materials contact wood
- Wooden structures and foundations which include frames, posts, joists and sills.
- Structures made from concrete masonry units, cement, and bricks
- Storage of wood pieces, tree parts and broken wood structures
Discarded wings or swarms indicate the presence of termites, and our team of busters will be looking for these, as well. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Oakland, CA help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation.
This kind of job is best left in the care of professionals.
Effective Termite Control in Oakland, CA
The rate for chemical treatments in Oakland, CA is not the same as the rate for baiting practices, and the success rate also varies. It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home. It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in Oakland, CA. When it comes to controlling these pests, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices.
Oakland, CA 94601
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
94601, 94605, 94606, 94603, 94621, 94602, 94611, 94610, 94607, 94619, 94609, 94618, 94612, 94615, 94617, 94622, 94625, 94649, 94659, 94660, 94666, 94613, 94604, 94614, 94623, 94624, 94661
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review