Professional Novato, CA Exterminator: Expert Termite Control
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in Novato, CA. Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood termites. These signs can mean damage has already begun, in which case, the need for a termite inspection is imminent.
Types of Wood Termites in Novato, CA
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termites are identified in Novato, CA:
- Dry Wood
The most common type is subterranean. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Novato, CA area, and the one most requested for termite control. Because of their prevalence, the pest inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners.
Telltale Signs in Novato, CA
Some of the symptoms of a termite infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs.
The following are some of the signs you can easily observe from an infested house in Novato, CA:
- Hollow sounding wood
- Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
- Water damage-like appearance
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
- Small insects with wings flying and swarming around the nearest light source
Any signs of infestation is best dealt with immediately.
Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices
Erroneous construction practices in Novato, CA are often the culprit why there are infestation problems. Even minor glitches in the manner of construction can provide the gateway for the wood eaters to creep in your home without anyone noticing it.
Some of the constructions faults that cause pest infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in Novato, CA when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood termites to thrive in.
- Wood in Soil Contact: If you have wood in your home in Novato, CA that comes in contact with the soil, that, too, can be a possible gateway for termites to get in. In which case, termite control may be a necessity in the near future.
- Leftover Building Materials: Did you know that sometimes leftover building materials, including wood materials, are backfilled into your porch, or slab area? This backfilling leaves a perfect source of cellulose, and a perfect home for these subterranean insects in Novato, CA. Another problematic construction practice is to leave wood debris inside concrete masonry units or CMU’s; as well as leaving grade stakes, form boards, and spacers in the slab.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Novato, CA. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Novato, CA is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these termites, as we know, just love moisture.
As you can see, when it comes to protecting your Novato, CA home against wood damage, you must mitigate the soil to wood contact as well as ensure proper drainage to keep the soil by your foundation as dry as possible. Make sure you have a good drainage system that actually works.
A competent infestation treatment company in Novato, CA is a team that is able to properly identify the problems discussed earlier. When you have a insect inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
You can expect our professionals in Novato, CA to thoroughly scrutinize both sides of the foundation of the surfaces. Critical areas to be visited are:
- Openings in concrete masonry units, expansion contact points, brick structures and cemented areas.
- Areas of the house where stone and bricks meet wooden structures
- All wooden spaces and areas of the house such as the basement, sills, frames, posts, joist, and piers.
- Old and moist wood around the house in the form of wood stumps, fences, disposed wood and window frames.
Our experts in Novato, CA should also inspect on signs of swarm breeding or shed insect wings. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Novato, CA help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Termite Control in Novato, CA
When it comes to controlling these termites, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices. Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home.
Novato, CA 94947
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
94947, 94945, 94949, 94998, 94948
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review