Your Termite Control Guide from the Best Napa, CA Exterminator in Napa, CA
Many signs of infestation such as small holes in the wood, buckling paint, mud tunnels, and the like, may warrant a need for termite inspection in Napa, CA. Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood termites. Read on to learn more about the signs of termite infestation and how you can contact the right company in Napa, CA.
Types of Wood Termites in Napa, CA
These house termites are generally group into three major types, which are:
- Dry Wood
The most common type is subterranean. Not surprising, most requests for termite control involve the subterranean bug. These subterranean termites are the culprits behind 95% of structural damages in homes made from wood because Cellulose taken from their ingestion and destruction of wood gives them their needed nutrients to survive and multiply.
Telltale Signs in Napa, CA
You’ve noticed a few signs that may indicate whether or not you have an infestation. Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it. The following are some of the signs you can easily observe from an infested house in Napa, CA:
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Slight moldy or musty smell
- Hollow sounding wood
Any signs of infestation is best dealt with immediately. Being aware of how they ended up creating a breeding ground in your homes will help you in tracing possible sources of infiltration and prevent further damage to your property.
Problematic Construction Practices
Erroneous construction practices in Napa, CA are often the culprit why there are infestation problems. Below standard construction practices and methods undermine the ability of the house to properly safeguard itself against dilapidation and infiltration of not just wood bugs but other kinds of problems as well.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in Napa, CA:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in Napa, CA when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood termites to thrive in.
- Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in Napa, CA prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
- Storage of Wooden Materials: Wooden materials that are leftover from home construction in Napa, CA might end up being irresponsibly stored around and inside houses. Materials carelessly accumulated near houses become breeding grounds of various insects that cause sickness and damage, including wood bugs. Termites also get their way inside walls and ceiling because of misplaced wooden materials such as form boards, grade stakes and spacers within slabs.
- Unguided Landscaping: Attention should be given to the landscaping effort around the house. The wrong grading of landscaping that involves gravel lets moisture accumulate and set around the house, as well as its base. Moist wood is clearly an attractive site for termite dwelling.
The thing is that at times you cannot prevent construction works in Napa, CA so if they become necessary, just remember not to bury any wood in the soil, or keep it from getting in close contact with the soil.
At this point, you probably have a good idea whether you need the services of a reputable company for termite inspection in Napa, CA.
Your hired help should be able to properly inspect your house in Napa, CA by visiting hard-to-enter places such as dirty and narrow crawl spaces, cavities in house foundations and other dark and moist areas for a detailed assessment of your infestation problem.
Every nook and cranny of your home in Napa, CA is scoured and visited in order to perform a detailed assessment of the structure of the house. We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- Spaces where wood structures are attached to
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects. An experienced home termite inspection company will be able to guide you in properly identifying problem spots in your house to prevent further deterioration of your house in Napa, CA by these annoying termites. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Termite Control in Napa, CA
The cost will depend on the type of treatment used. The rate for chemical treatments in Napa, CA is not the same as the rate for baiting practices, and the success rate also varies. Solution Pest Control will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your termite problems in Napa, CA. Depending on your situation, treatment can range from chemical treatments to baiting practices.
Napa, CA 94558
Sacramento, Elk Grove, Roseville, Rancho Cordova, Folsom, Woodland, Davis, Vacaville, Fairfield, Napa, Rocklin
94558, 94559, 94581
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review