Reliable Mountain View, CA Exterminator: Professional Termite Control
If you just wandered around your house and found hollow wood or layers of paint sticking out or even numerous holes on your walls and ceilings, this hints an infestation—a termite inspection in your Mountain View, CA home is recommended to properly assess the situation. It can be difficult to handle active infestation so you will need the help of professionals. Find out more about infestation, and how you can communicate with a reliable company who can help you with the problem.
Main Species of Wood Termite
There are 3 types of these wood-eating termite in the Mountain View, CA area and they include the following:
- Dry Wood
The most common type is subterranean. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Mountain View, CA area, and the one most requested for bug control. Because of their prevalence, the inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year.
Infestation Symptoms in Mountain View, CA
You’ve noticed a few signs that may indicate whether or not you have an infestation.
The following are some of the signs you can easily observe from an infested house in Mountain View, CA:
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Slight moldy or musty smell
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swarms: Winged insects from swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Hollow sounding wood
It is important to eliminate any signs of insect once you see them. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
This is one of the major causes of infestation in homes in Mountain View, CA. Even errors which you think are minor or insignificant are all it takes for these termites to eat their way inside your home.
The following are some faulty workmanship that leads to gradual or easy infestation of these annoying termite:
- Drainage Considerations: Some builders neglect the proper practices in Mountain View, CA when constructing effective pathways of water around and away from the structure of your house. Short eaves and downspouts cause water from rain and snow tend to hold water and moisture against the walls and foundation of the house instead of carrying it away like it should. Water that seeps through the wood provides suitable environments for wood pests to thrive in.
- Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in Mountain View, CA prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are backfilled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean insect feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these pests infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these pests.
- Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in Mountain View, CA, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these pests absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture. If you cannot avoid construction works or landscaping jobs in Mountain View, CA, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the possibility infestation. One is to prevent wood to get in contact with the soil as much as possible and two, have a good drainage system so the soil is left dry.
Inspecting your House for Signs
Have your area inspected for insects and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in Mountain View, CA that conducts reliable inspections. Leave it to the professionals to wind through the dark and dirty spaces of your home.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these pests have invaded your area.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- Spaces where wood structures are attached to
- Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
An inspection will include looking for swarms or discarded wings. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Mountain View, CA help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation.
Effective Termite Control in Mountain View, CA
Depending on your situation, treatment can range from chemical treatments to baiting practices. SolutionTermiteControl in Mountain View, CA is your best bet in finding a competent and dedicated termite control company that should be able to guide you in properly inspecting your area in Mountain View, CA and performing effective treatment to your home. Contact us today to book an appointment in Mountain View, CA. When it comes to controlling these pests, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices.
Solution Pest Control
Mountain View, CA 94040
94040, 94043, 94041, 94086, 94087, 94024, 94085, 94303, 94306, 94035, 94039, 94042
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review