Your Termite Control Guide from the Best Exterminator in Milpitas, CA
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Milpitas, CA home or business. It can be difficult to handle active termite infestation so you will need the help of professionals. Read through the following to find out more about the signs of these pesky bugs, and how you can find the best company for help in Milpitas, CA.
3 Main Types
These house termites are generally grouped into three major types, which are:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in Milpitas, CA. Subterranean insects are the most common, and they are often the cause of requests for pest control in Milpitas, CA. Bugs of this kind feed on cellulose, and the fact that cellulose can be found in wood and wood products can explain why subterranean bugs cause at least 95% of damages to homes and office structures year in and year out.
Telltale Signs in Milpitas, CA
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in Milpitas, CA is infested with insects.
You may find it unimaginable that creatures can silently creep into your home in Milpitas, CA without you knowing it, causing irreversible damage. Among the other signs of such insect problems in Milpitas, CA include the following:
- Slight moldy or musty smell
- Swarms: Winged insects from swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Water damage-like appearance
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Hollow sounding wood
Problematic Construction Practices Milpitas, CA
Erroneous construction practices in Milpitas, CA are often the culprit why there are infestation problems. A few simple mistakes during the construction of your home, can have a big impact on how easily these insects can access your Milpitas, CA home.
The following are some faulty workmanship that leads to gradual or easy infestation of these annoying bugs:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of termites. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in Milpitas, CA prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
- Improper Disposal of Materials: After construction in Milpitas, CA, there are some builders who carelessly pile their leftover building materials in hidden areas, like the back of your house. Wooden materials left outside are prone to moisture and water seepage, which becomes a fertile breeding and survival ground for bugs. Wood leftovers, such as spacers, form boards and grade stakes, should never be stored anywhere inside concrete masonry units.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Milpitas, CA. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Milpitas, CA is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these insects, as we know, just love moisture.
To summarize, in order to ensure your house in Milpitas, CA is defended against wood pest deterioration, wood should be terminated properly so that it does not come into contact with soil, drainage installation should be sound, and wooden structures should be moisture-free all the time.
Inspecting your House for Signs
Have your area inspected for insects and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in Milpitas, CA that conducts reliable inspections. Hiring the services of professionals may be smarter, considering that the job requires a lot of crawling and creeping in the dirtiest and darkest portions of your home.
As the inspection is conducted interior and exterior surfaces of the foundation are examined and any wood in the basement or crawlspace are examined. We will especially be looking out for signs of infestation in the parts of your home that is made of wood, like your basement, for instance. Other areas they may also include in their inspection are:
- Spaces where a porch, steps, or slabs join with wood structures
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cracks in cement
- All wooden portions of the foundation and lower level of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- They may also inspect scrap wood around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
Termite pros will look for discarded wings or swarms of termites which indicate their presence in a particular area. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Milpitas, CA help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation.
Termite Control in Milpitas, CA
When it comes to controlling these insects only trust a company like SolutionPestControl, so you can rest assured by the thought that these annoying wood eaters will not bother you anymore. Get in touch with us today! The rate for chemical treatments in Milpitas, CA is not the same as the rate for baiting practices, and the success rate also varies. It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like SolutionPestControl, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home. Available control and treatment methods have their own distinct effectiveness and extent of coverage which are proportional to their prices.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review