Dependable Termite Control in Fairfield, CA: Professional Exterminator Services
If you just wandered around your house and found hollow wood or layers of paint sticking out or even numerous holes on your walls and ceilings, this hints an infestation—a termite inspection in your Fairfield, CA home is recommended to properly assess the situation. Read through the following to find out more about the signs of these pesky bugs, and how you can find the best company for help in Fairfield, CA. One or more of these signs indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings. It can be difficult to handle active termite infestation so you will need the help of professionals.
Types of Wood Termites in Fairfield, CA
There are 3 types of these wood-eating bugs in the Fairfield, CA area and they include the following:
- Dry Wood
The most common type is subterranean. Because of their prevalence, the termites inspection services of subterranean infestations rank the highest among the demanded services from home owners. The reason for so much damage in Fairfield, CA is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose.
Major Symptoms in Fairfield, CA
You’ve noticed a few signs that may indicate whether or not you have an infestation. The following are some of the signs you can easily observe from an infested house in Fairfield, CA:
- Smell of molds and murky water
- Hollow sounding wood
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Smell of molds and murky water
- Hollow sounding wood
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them. Being aware of how they ended up creating a breeding ground in your homes will help you in tracing possible sources of infiltration and prevent further damage to your property.
Poor construction habits and practices of home builders and renovators are the leading cause of termites problems in houses in Fairfield, CA. Even minor glitches in the manner of construction can provide the gateway for the wood eaters to creep in your home without anyone noticing it.
Following are some issues that can cause infestation problems in Fairfield, CA:
- Drainage Issues: The grading of your Fairfield, CA landscape can be faulty, leading to insufficient drainage of water away from your home. You may also have eaves that are insufficiently extended, or downspouts that are not long enough to carry run-off away from your home’s foundation. All of these elements lead to moisture along your foundation--an ideal home for these termitess.
- Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and termitess entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
- Leftover Building Materials: Did you know that sometimes leftover building materials, including wood materials, are backfilled into your porch, or slab area? This backfilling leaves a perfect source of cellulose, and a perfect home for these subterranean insects in Fairfield, CA. Another problematic construction practice is to leave wood debris inside concrete masonry units or CMU’s; as well as leaving grade stakes, form boards, and spacers in the slab.
- Landscaping: While troublesome landscaping might not fall under a lack of care practice when considering construction in Fairfield, CA, it definitely can be problematic if not graded correctly. You also send an invitation to these creatures when mulch or gravel is spread against the building’s foundation. This practice allows moisture to be held against the foundation, creating a prime habitat for living and foraging.
To summarize, in order to ensure your house in Fairfield, CA is defended against wood termites deterioration, wood should be terminated properly so that it does not come into contact with soil, drainage installation should be sound, and wooden structures should be moisture-free all the time.
One is to prevent wood to get in contact with the soil as much as possible and two, have a good drainage system so the soil is left dry.
At this point, you probably have a good idea whether you need the services of a reputable company for termite inspection in Fairfield, CA.
When you have a termite inspection done, all of the dirty work of crawling into spider web-infested, dusty crawlspaces, and around the foundation, is done by the professionals.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these termitess have invaded your area.
Other areas inspectors and home owners should look out for are the following:
- Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- Spaces where wood structures are attached to
- All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Termite Control Services in Fairfield, CA
Effective control of the wood-eating bugs in the house immediately follows the thorough termite inspection. It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable termites control company, such as Solution Termites Control in Fairfield, CA. Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review