Trustworthy Elk Grove, CA Exterminator: Specialized Termite Control
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Elk Grove, CA home or business. As with many things in life, knowledge is power! Seeing signs such as small holes on the wood, buckling paint, and mud tunnels means that you need to get your home or your business inspected.
Types of Wood Termites in Elk Grove, CA
There are 3 types of these wood-eating bugs in the Elk Grove, CA area and they include the following:
- Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in Elk Grove, CA is the subterranean breed. Subterranean termites are the most common, and they are often the cause of requests for pest control in Elk Grove, CA. These subterranean termites are the culprits behind 95% of structural damages in homes made from wood because Cellulose taken from their ingestion and destruction of wood gives them their needed nutrients to survive and multiply.
Telltale Signs in Elk Grove, CA
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in Elk Grove, CA is infected with termites. You may find it unimaginable that creatures can silently creep into your home in Elk Grove, CA without you knowing it, causing irreversible damage.
Rather than fret over how they are able to get inside your home, know the following tell-tale signs that require the need for termite control so you can seek immediate help:
- Traces of muddy or pungent odor
- Slight moldy or musty smell
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Water damage-like appearance
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them.
Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Home Construction Faults in Elk Grove, CA
Poor construction habits and practices of home builders and renovators are the leading cause of pest problems in houses in Elk Grove, CA. Problematic habits and practices during the construction phase of the house can easily cause major complications in the integrity of the house against wood-eating bugs.
Some of the constructions faults that cause pest infestations and must be given full attention are the following:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of termites. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in Elk Grove, CA prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
- Leftover Building Materials: Remember that subterranean bugs take their nourishment from cellulose, and cellulose can be contained in back-filled construction debris, especially wood. This also goes to say that wood left in CMUs or masonry units can be infested, and so can leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs.
- Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in Elk Grove, CA, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these termites absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
If you cannot avoid construction works or landscaping jobs in Elk Grove, CA, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the possibility infestation.
There are companies that perform termite inspection and although you may want to do it yourself.
Hiring the services of professionals may be smarter, considering that the job requires a lot of crawling and creeping in the dirtiest and darkest portions of your home.
You can expect our professionals in Elk Grove, CA to thoroughly scrutinize both sides of the foundation of the surfaces.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- Spaces where wood structures are joined
An inspection will include looking for swarms or discarded wings. An experienced home pest inspection company will be able to guide you in properly identifying problem spots in your house to prevent further deterioration of your house in Elk Grove, CA by these annoying termites.
Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Effective Pest Control in Elk Grove, CA
Solution Pest Control in Elk Grove, CA is your best bet in finding a competent and dedicated termite control company that should be able to guide you in properly inspecting your area in Elk Grove, CA and performing effective treatment to your home. When it comes to controlling these termites, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices. When it comes to controlling these termites, only trust a company like Solution Pest Control, so you can rest assured by the thought that these annoying wood eaters will not bother you anymore. Get in touch with us today! Solutions range from various chemical methods and applications in specific parts of the house and to manual extermination practices.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review