Professional Davis, CA Exterminator: Expert Termite Control
If you recently noticed small water-like blots on your wooden walls, having the right information on how to properly conduct a real estate termite inspection in Davis, CA is the key to solving your problem. One or more of these signs indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings. It can be difficult to handle active termite infestation so you will need the help of professionals.
Types of Wood Termites in Davis, CA
Termites come in three kinds:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean species are the most prominent among the 3 main types of wood-eating bugs in Davis, CA. They feast on cellulose which can be found in wood and wood products, so it’s not surprising to know that 95% of damages in homes and office buildings annually are attributed to this kind of species. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Davis, CA area, and the one most requested for termite control. The subterranean is the most frequently reported kind of these termites for extermination.
Telltale Signs in Davis, CA
There are accurate signs you can look for so that you can initially suspect a home or a structure to be plagued by wood termites. Among the other signs of such pest problems in Davis, CA include the following:
- Swarms: Winged insects form swarming tubes next to the structure and attraction to the light.
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Hollow sounding wood
- Water damage-like appearance
- Moldy or musty smell
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them. Being aware of how they ended up creating a breeding ground in your homes will help you in tracing possible sources of infiltration and prevent further damage to your property.
Problematic Construction Practices
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in Davis, CA is troubling construction practices. Problematic habits and practices during the construction phase of the house can easily cause major complications in the integrity of the house against wood-eating bugs.
Be smart to know about some issues that these termites find all too welcoming for comfort:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of termites. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and termites entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are back-filled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these termites infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these termites.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Davis, CA. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Davis, CA is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these termites, as we know, just love moisture.
If you cannot avoid construction works or landscaping jobs in Davis, CA, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the possibility infestation. Make sure you have a good drainage system that actually works.
A competent infestation treatment company in Davis, CA is a team that is able to properly identify the problems discussed earlier.
Your hired help should be able to properly inspect your house in Davis, CA by visiting hard-to-enter places such as dirty and narrow crawl spaces, cavities in house foundations and other dark and moist areas for a detailed assessment of your infestation problem.
Our experts in Davis, CA keenly inspect the surfaces of the foundation, inside and out. You can expect our professionals in Davis, CA to thoroughly scrutinize both sides of the foundation of the surfaces. Additionally, these other points may be inspected:
- All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- Spaces where wood structures are joined
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
An inspection will include looking for swarms or discarded wings. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Davis, CA help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation. Our experts have trained senses to detect the early stages of infestation which your untrained eye may have missed.
Effective Termite Control in Davis, CA
Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home. It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home. Solutions range from various chemical methods and applications in specific parts of the house and to manual extermination practices. The accuracy of the termite inspection increases the chances of deciding the best pest control solution for the situation so that you only need to perform control procedures only once.
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review