Reliable Concord, CA Exterminator: Professional Termite Control
If you just wandered around your house and found hollow wood or layers of paint sticking out or even numerous holes on your walls and ceilings, this hints an infestation—a termite inspection in your Concord, CA home is recommended to properly assess the situation. Find out more about infestation, and how you can communicate with a reliable company who can help you with the problem. It can be difficult to handle active termite infestation so you will need the help of professionals.
3 Main Types
Before anything else, you will want to know that wood-eating bugs are generally of three kinds:
- Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in Concord, CA is the subterranean breed. The subterranean is the most frequently reported kind of these termites for extermination. The reason for so much damage in Concord, CA is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose. Wood is the main food of these annoying bugs because the material contains cellulose, which is the component they use for survival and reproduction.
Telltale Signs in Concord, CA
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in Concord, CA is infected with termites.
The telltale signs that normally accompany these bad boys in Concord, CA homes are:
- Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
- Smell of molds and murky water
- Hollow sounds made when knocking wooden parts of the house
- Water damage-like appearance
- Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
It is important to eliminate any signs of termite once you see them. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices
This is one of the major causes of pest infestation in homes in Concord, CA. A few simple mistakes during the construction of your home, can have a big impact on how easily these termites can access your Concord, CA home.
Be smart to know about some issues that these termites find all too welcoming for comfort:
- Drainage Issues: The grading of your Concord, CA landscape can be faulty, leading to insufficient drainage of water away from your home. You may also have eaves that are insufficiently extended, or downspouts that are not long enough to carry run-off away from your home’s foundation. All of these elements lead to moisture along your foundation--an ideal home for these termites.
- Contact between Earth and Wood: Wooden structural elements should have the proper treatment and covers when it must meet earth or soil foundations, otherwise neglect will lead to a freeway of termites from outside to your house and an infestation develops.
- Leftover Building Materials: Building or construction materials, especially wood, that are back-filled can serve as source of cellulose, which subterranean bugs feed on. Leaving grade stakes, form boards and spacers in slabs aren’t a good idea, either, if you are worried about these termites infecting your area. Wood that is being left over inside CMUs or masonry units can also serve as breeding grounds for these termites.
- Landscaping: Sufficient care practice must be applied to every landscaping job in Concord, CA. However, the lack thereof does not necessarily result in faulty landscaping jobs, where construction in Concord, CA is concerned. Still, it is important to understand that issues on infestation can start with poorly graded landscaping because that can cause a lot of gravel to pool right into your home’s foundation. This consequently produces moisture, and these pests, as we know, just love moisture.
As you can see, when it comes to protecting your Concord, CA home against wood damage, you must mitigate the soil to wood contact as well as ensure proper drainage to keep the soil by your foundation as dry as possible.
Inspecting your House for Signs
A competent infestation treatment company in Concord, CA is a team that is able to properly identify the problems discussed earlier. Leave it to the professionals to wind through the dark and dirty spaces of your home.
Every nook and cranny of your home in Concord, CA is scoured and visited in order to perform a detailed assessment of the structure of the house.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- Spaces where wood structures are joined
- Wood scraps, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- All parts of the foundation that are made of wood, the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
An inspector should also keep eyes open for any swarms flying around light sources at night and any traces of shed wings from insects. An experienced home pest inspection company will be able to guide you in properly identifying problem spots in your house to prevent further deterioration of your house in Concord, CA by these annoying pests.
Effective Termite Control in Concord, CA
The rate for chemical treatments in Concord, CA is not the same as the rate for baiting practices, and the success rate also varies. It is always wise to talk to a credible professional termite control company, like Solution Pest Control, to discuss which option will be most successful in getting rid of the pesky bugs in your home. It is always best to discuss your termite control options with a professional and reputable pest control company, such as Solution Pest Control in Concord, CA. When it comes to controlling these pests, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices.
Concord, CA 94521
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
94521, 94520, 94518, 94519, 94529, 94522, 94524, 94527a
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review