Dependable Termite Control in Berkeley, CA: Professional Exterminator Services
If you recently noticed small water-like blots on your wooden walls, having the right information on how to properly conduct a real estate termite inspection in Berkeley, CA is the key to solving your problem. Read on to learn more about the signs of termite infestation and how you can contact the right company in Berkeley, CA. As with many things in life, knowledge is power!
3 Main Types
Before anything else, you will want to know that wood-eating bugs are generally of three kinds:
- Dry Wood
Among the three major types, the subterranean is the most common species of these wood-eating bugs in Berkeley, CA. The reason for so much damage in Berkeley, CA is because these subterranean munchers get their nutrition from cellulose, and you guessed it: wood and wood products contain cellulose. The subterranean is the most frequently reported kind of these termites for extermination.
Telltale Signs in Berkeley, CA
Some of the symptoms of a termite infestation in homes were hinted in the previous paragraphs. Don’t allow these termites to take control of your home; rather, be mindful of the following signals that warrant termite control right away:
- Stains and blots in wood surfaces
- Small mud-like tunnels on wooden window frames and walls
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
- Stains and blots in wood surfaces
If you see any or all of these signs, you need termite control in Berkeley, CA. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Home Construction Faults in Berkeley, CA
This is one of the major causes of pest infestation in homes in Berkeley, CA. Problematic habits and practices during the construction phase of the house can easily cause major complications in the integrity of the house against wood-eating bugs.
The following are some faulty workmanship that leads to gradual or easy infestation of these annoying bugs:
- Drainage Issues: Drainage issues, such as insufficiently extended eaves or downspouts that are too short to accommodate the water from the foundation of your home, are problems that can lead to infestation. When the moisture created, infestation begins. Moisture is where these bugs love to thrive on. If there are faults in the grading of your landscape, the drainage can be insufficient, thus, increasing the possibility of infestation.
- Wood in Soil Contact: The presence of wood in the soil makes your area in Berkeley, CA prone to infestation, making control measures a possibility if not a necessity.
- Improper Disposal of Materials: After construction in Berkeley, CA, there are some builders who carelessly pile their leftover building materials in hidden areas, like the back of your house. Wooden materials left outside are prone to moisture and water seepage, which becomes a fertile breeding and survival ground for termites. Wood leftovers, such as spacers, form boards and grade stakes, should never be stored anywhere inside concrete masonry units.
- Landscaping: While troublesome landscaping might not fall under a lack of care practice when considering construction in Berkeley, CA, it definitely can be problematic if not graded correctly. You also send an invitation to these creatures when mulch or gravel is spread against the building’s foundation. This practice allows moisture to be held against the foundation, creating a prime habitat for living and foraging.
To summarize, in order to ensure your house in Berkeley, CA is defended against wood pest deterioration, wood should be terminated properly so that it does not come into contact with soil, drainage installation should be sound, and wooden structures should be moisture-free all the time. This helps prevent incidents in Berkeley, CA that can cause moisture, because once moisture sets in, it will not be long before termites will invade your home.
Inspecting your House for Signs
Have your area inspected for termites and make sure to hire the services of a credible company in Berkeley, CA that conducts reliable inspections.
Leave it to the professionals to wind through the dark and dirty spaces of your home.
Any wood in the basement or any part of the house will also be scrutinized to see any sign that these termites have invaded your area.
The following prone areas may be considered for inspection:
- Spaces where wood structures are attached to
- Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
Discarded wings or swarms indicate the presence of termites, and our team of busters will be looking for these, as well. Our experts have a trained eye to detect the signs of infestation, and you need to be thorough when conducting inspection.
Effective Termite Control in Berkeley, CA
Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home. Solution Pest Control will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your pest problems in Berkeley, CA. The accuracy of the termite inspection increases the chances of deciding the best pest control solution for the situation so that you only need to perform control procedures only once.
Berkeley, CA 94704
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
94704, 94703, 94702, 94709, 94705, 94707, 94708, 94710, 94720, 94701, 94712
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review