Your Termite Control Guide from the Best Alameda, CA Exterminator in Alameda, CA
If you just wandered around your house and found hollow wood or layers of paint sticking out or even numerous holes on your walls and ceilings, this hints an infestation—a termite inspection in your Alameda, CA home is recommended to properly assess the situation. Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood termites. One or more of these signs indicate a possible infestation of wood eating insects in your walls and ceilings.
Types of Wood Termites in Alameda, CA
There are currently 3 major classifications by which wood termites are identified in Alameda, CA:
- Dry Wood
The subterranean kind is the most common of the three, and one that you will often found in Alameda, CA. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year. Subterranean termites are the most common, and they are often the cause of requests for termite control in Alameda, CA.
Telltale Signs in Alameda, CA
It takes a keen eye to detect signals that your home or office in Alameda, CA is infested.
Among the other signs of such pest problems in Alameda, CA include the following:
- Slight moldy or musty smell
- Small mud-like tunnels on wooden window frames and walls
- Water damage-like appearance
- Occurrence of little ant-like insects with wings attracted to light.
- Hollow areas of walls made from wood
- Moldy or musty smell
Having one or more of the signs above confirm a wood pest infestation in your home in Alameda, CA. Contacting a professional will not only help you get rid of unwanted termites but also prevent them from spreading even further.
Problematic Construction Practices in Alameda, CA
One of the biggest contributors to an infestation in Alameda, CA is troubling construction practices. Even minor glitches in the manner of construction can provide the gateway for the wood eaters to creep in your home without anyone noticing it.
Be smart to know about some issues that these termites find all too welcoming for comfort:
- Drainage Issues: Drainage issues, such as insufficiently extended eaves or downspouts that are too short to accommodate the water from the foundation of your home, are problems that can lead to infestation. When the moisture created, infestation begins. Moisture is where these bugs love to thrive on. If there are faults in the grading of your landscape, the drainage can be insufficient, thus, increasing the possibility of infestation.
- Contact between Earth and Wood: Wooden structural elements should have the proper treatment and covers when it must meet earth or soil foundations, otherwise neglect will lead to a freeway of termites from outside to your house and an infestation develops.
- Leftover Building Materials: Did you know that sometimes leftover building materials, including wood materials, are backfilled into your porch, or slab area? This backfilling leaves a perfect source of cellulose, and a perfect home for these subterranean insects in Alameda, CA. Another problematic construction practice is to leave wood debris inside concrete masonry units or CMU’s; as well as leaving grade stakes, form boards, and spacers in the slab.
- Landscaping: Landscaping jobs may not necessarily mean a lack of care practice when it comes to construction in Alameda, CA, but when they are not correctly graded, they can cause infestation problems. One important thing to note is that these termites absolutely love it when there’s too much gravel on the foundation of your house or building from landscaping jobs because that only means one thing - moisture.
If you cannot avoid construction works or landscaping jobs in Alameda, CA, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the possibility infestation.
At this point, you probably have a good idea whether you need the services of a reputable company for termite inspection in Alameda, CA.
These professionals are able to do a thorough real estate termite inspection of in pest-prone areas of the house such as narrow crawl spaces, basements, and attics.
Spaces inside and areas outside the house should be given thorough visits by your chosen inspection company so that every breeding ground is identified and marked.
Other areas inspectors and home owners should look out for are the following:
- Spaces where wood structures are attached to
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cement cracks
- Wood scraps around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All portions of the foundation that are made of wood, as well as the lower part of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
An inspection will include looking for swarms or discarded wings. While you can do an inspection yourself, it is best to have a professional in Alameda, CA help you out to avoid missing the signs of a beginning infestation. This kind of job is best left in the care of professionals.
Termite Control in Alameda, CA
Solution Pest Control will deliver reliable termite control and provide effective treatment of your pest problems in Alameda, CA. When it comes to controlling these termites, after the initial termite inspection the treatment can range from chemical treatment around the base of your home, to baiting practices. Our services varies in price as well as its success in eradicating the bugs that have invaded your home. Contact us today to book an appointment in Alameda, CA.
Alameda, CA 94501
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review