Dependable Termite Control in Daly City, CA: Professional Exterminator Services
If your home is infested, you will need an immediate termite inspection service in your Daly City, CA home or business. It is important to hire the best termite control company in Daly City, CA to ensure the best results. Read on to learn more about the signs of termite infestation and how you can contact the right company in Daly City, CA. Some essential pointers are given in the later paragraphs to help you be aware of the nature of your problem on wood termites.
3 Main Types
Before anything else, you will want to know that wood-eating bugs are generally of three kinds:
- Dry Wood
The kind that you will see often in Daly City, CA is the subterranean breed. They cause 95% of the frustrating damage to home and business owner’s structures each year. In fact, this is the type of this insect that you will find most often in the Daly City, CA area, and the one most requested for termite control.
Tell-tale Signs of Infestation
It is not always easy to tell if your home or office in Daly City, CA is infected with termites. Sometimes, a lot of damage has already been created by these pesky bugs before you can even realize it.
The telltale signs that normally accompany these bad boys in Daly City, CA homes are:
- Mud tunnels: flat and muddy looking, about the width of a pencil
- Smell of molds and murky water
- Swollen floors and ceilings
- Blown up portions in ceilings and walls
- Water-like blots on wooden surfaces
- Tunnels made from mud on floors and walls
Any signs of infestation is best dealt with immediately.
To further understand your predicament, it is best to be informed on the causes of the infestation and possible ways on how to treat wood termite infestation.
Poor construction habits and practices of home builders and renovators are the leading cause of termite problems in houses in Daly City, CA. Below standard construction practices and methods undermine the ability of the house to properly safeguard itself against dilapidation and infiltration of not just wood bugs but other kinds of problems as well.
The following are some faulty workmanship that leads to gradual or easy infestation of these annoying bugs:
- Drain Construction: Water should always be drawn away from the house all the time. When water or moisture accumulates in wrongly sized eaves and downspouts, these areas become breeding grounds to all kinds of termites. Water infiltration to the cavities of walls and ceilings also make excellent sites for wood bug colonies.
- Improper Wood Termination: Wood should not be in contact with any earth or soil within the plot because this gives bugs and termites entry to your home through the veins of your wooden structure.
- Improper Disposal of Materials: After construction in Daly City, CA, there are some builders who carelessly pile their leftover building materials in hidden areas, like the back of your house. Wooden materials left outside are prone to moisture and water seepage, which becomes a fertile breeding and survival ground for termites. Wood leftovers, such as spacers, form boards and grade stakes, should never be stored anywhere inside concrete masonry units.
- Home Landscaping: The practice of landscaping in Daly City, CA is not a direct construction matter but in areas where the intent is within the effective vicinity of the house structure, it should be monitored. Improper grading of landscaping fields may lead to water build-up and retention within gravel and sand against the foundation of the home. Uncontrolled moisture held against the structure of the house can become nesting sites of unwelcomed guests such as termites.
If you cannot avoid construction works or landscaping jobs in Daly City, CA, there are a couple of things you can do to reduce the possibility infestation. One is to prevent wood to get in contact with the soil as much as possible and two, have a good drainage system so the soil is left dry.
A competent infestation treatment company in Daly City, CA is a team that is able to properly identify the problems discussed earlier.
Leave it to the professionals to wind through the dark and dirty spaces of your home.
Every nook and cranny of your home in Daly City, CA is scoured and visited in order to perform a detailed assessment of the structure of the house.
Critical areas to be visited are:
- They may also inspect scrap wood around the home, old tree stumps, wood fencing, and exterior frames of basement windows
- All wooden portions of the foundation and lower level of the home such as sills, sub floors, basement window frames, support posts and piers, and joists
- Spaces where a porch, steps, or slabs join with wood structures
- All CMU’s, bricks construction, expansion joints, and cracks in cement
An inspection will include looking for swarms or discarded wings. An experienced home termite inspection company will be able to guide you in properly identifying problem spots in your house to prevent further deterioration of your house in Daly City, CA by these annoying termites.
Daly City, CA 94015
San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, San Leandro, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Novato, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland, Vallejo, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pittsburgh, Antioch, Brentwood, Palo Alto, Livermore, Milipitas
94015, 94014, 94013, 94016, 94017
LOCATIONS WE SERVICE
Submit your review